Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 94 to go with my 86. Came with a Corbin that fits the sissy bar like a factory seat. Is it worth selling? I might trade on something a little softer. I have a bony tail. I'm guessing maybe 200-300 used?

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
I got mine with backrest for $250. A used one in good shape without backrest usually sells for around 200.

I realize it feels firm to you, but I'd try riding with it awhile before selling it. To my skinny boney butt it was a vast improvement over the stock seat.
Cushy seats are not always the most comfortable on long rides....

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
I agree with KM, cushy seats eventually sink down to the frame, at which point they feel like crap.

Corbin is an amazing seat, I have one on my drifter, people say it is hard, but I really feel like one with the bike, I have done a 10 hour recently with no issue. Only a 1 hour break for lunch and of course gas stops.

Corbin can use better customer service but the seats are good.

kenny

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Anyone that doubts the comfort of a "hard" Corbin seat likely has never ridden a horse. "Saddles" are firm leather, and were built to let cowboys spend entire days on end in the saddle.

I too loved my Corbin seat. Had one on my Vulcan, one on my FJR and as soon as I can afford it, will have on one my Triumph.

·
I.T. Analyst, Alpha Geek
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't spent an entire day on horseback, but I've ridden and it's harder than any saddle I've been on. I'll give it a few long rides before I make up my mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts