Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems to me that there is a lot of vn 750s over in the USA you hardly see them over here in Australia only every now and then and a lot of people have never seen one and look over mine when i pull up to a ride and say it is the first one they have seen in the flesh so are there lots over USA i know they are big in Indonesia and other Asian country's

·
Rogue Warrior
130 Posts
Many VNs here in the US.

I regularly see several in my small town all the time.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Well here in Southern Tenn. I seldom see one one... Vulcans yes, vn750s no, I'll see several of the 8 & 900s, and the 15 & 1600s and an occasional 2000, but but seldom a vn750...
Personally I love the style, I guess that is why when I wrecked my 06 I bought another used one, it just was not the bike mine was, although it had only 1/2 the mile mine did...
Couldn't get a new one, so I went with the Sportster which I think is close in style...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Super Moderator
11,990 Posts
There are alot of 750's here. As they were made from '85 to '06 , even if not a popular model here, they sold fairly well.

I have no idea of exact figures, but would say they are not hard to find ....in running condition..;). We have 4000 members here, so that's at least 4000 right?

The numbers however will begin to go down, as older models die off or get replaced...this happens to all discontinued bikes....the thing the 750 has going for it is the many production years.

Some models only go a few years before they are dropped, so finding those tends to be harder.

KM

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts

·
Into the Darkness
272 Posts
There is a smaller amount of the Vulcan's in general in my area. I know of one toher owner of a VN here, but he's got the 1500 series. I think I'm the only one that has the VN750. In the other surrounding towns I know the 900 and 1500 is very popular.

·
Super Moderator
11,990 Posts
KM, was this just a typo? 'Cause there's over 9,000 members.
Yes it was.... sorta... I meant to say:

We have 9000 members here, so that's at least 4000 right?

I doubt that there are 9000 active members, and many have gone, sold their bikes, and some that still visit here, like me, no longer ride a Vulcan 750...so my thinking is at this time there are at least 4000 members that still have their 750's , even if some of them no longer visit the site.

Again just a guess.

It would be neat if someone could research this to see how many 750's were made here or imported here. (yes folks, the Vulcan 750 was assembled in Lincoln , Nebraska)

KM

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes it was.... sorta... I meant to say:

We have 9000 members here, so that's at least 4000 right?

I doubt that there are 9000 active members, and many have gone, sold their bikes, and some that still visit here, like me, no longer ride a Vulcan 750...so my thinking is at this time there are at least 4000 members that still have their 750's , even if some of them no longer visit the site.

Again just a guess.
Probably only a couple hundred that post on a regular basis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts