Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. UPS delivered my progressive fork springs from accwhse.com. accwhse didn't put in any packing material and both the outside box and inner progressive-spring-box had split open.

Everything seems to be okay - expect there is only 1 pvc spacer. It's around 6 inches long. Am I supposed to have 2 - or just the one that I cut into 2?

Thanks! Mark

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mark said:
Hi. UPS delivered my progressive fork springs from accwhse.com. accwhse didn't put in any packing material and both the outside box and inner progressive-spring-box had split open.

Everything seems to be okay - expect there is only 1 pvc spacer. It's around 6 inches long. Am I supposed to have 2 - or just the one that I cut into 2?

Thanks! Mark
Mark...my Progressives came with no spacers at all.
The instructions say you are supposed to re-use the OEM metal ones or buy some PVC and cut them down some. Maybe they are now including some PVC.
The Progressive springs are longer than the OEM, so I trimmed the OEM spacers down so that the combined spacer/spring length is about 1/4" longer than stock... the much better spring + more preload=a very firm, planted front end now.

Pull the OEM springs & spacers out and measure up the combined length.
Maybe the 6" of PVC they gave you will be enough to do both forks, but I would use the metal spacers anyway....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts