Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Reanimater
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even Your pets should wear a Helmet. What I like is the Horn. Should hear that over the Motor

·
Love My Baby
1,165 Posts
Cute! I was riding the other day with a lizard on the windshield! It didn't have a helmet or eyeshields.

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts
My 74 lb. German wirehair rides on the custom rack on my Rebel, but just in the neighborhood. He loves it; have to drag him out when we stop and he tries to jump back in. He has Doggles.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
I love it! That bell would be hard to ring in emergencies though.
Last year on Halloween day a guy came riding through our neighborhood on a sport bike that he had a small dog riding on the tank, wearing some kind of rig that kept him strapped on like a vest that was tied to the rider. The rider was wearing what resembled a spiderman outfit but had a red cape and the dog was wearing the same outfit with a little cape. It was funny as heck!

·
Registered
292 Posts
hmm, 90 pound Lab+motorcycle? *shudders* messy, just messy

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have seen a couple of pictures of guys riding with dogs on the bike.

One was a Harley with a thick pad on the tank for the dog, a collie I think, to ride on. They had a windshield, but no helmet for man or dog.

The second was a guy across the pond, in England IIRC, who had a little dog who rode in a tail box. It had a hole cut in the top, just big enough to stick his hemeted and goggled head out of.

None of the 4 dogs in my life are trained well enough to even consider taking for a ride. Well, maybe in a tailbox. lol

·
At Least I Can Spell!
615 Posts
I'd like to take my cat for a ride, but some scratches can't be removed.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
None of the 4 dogs in my life are trained well enough to even consider taking for a ride. Well, maybe in a tailbox. lol
Mine maybe, with meds! One of mine will jump halfway across the room if you drop a spoon on the floor. The other is pretty calm, but if you try to get her to do something she is afraid of, she will lay down and turn her head the other way and if you try to move her she'll pee on you!:p

Edit: By the way, both are rescues, and no telling what their former lives were like...

·
Premium Member
4,776 Posts

·
Simple Solutions
965 Posts
This group i rode with 2 summers ago, one of the members had a parrot... this parrot wont let him on the bike without being there he has a little perch by the bars for super highspeeds or long distances but spends most of his time on his shoulder... 80 mph and the parrot is content:rockon: i didnt believe it till i saw it

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have but my wife's Bichon in the front of my coat before to run her up to the groomers. She just sticks her head out the zipper. We got a backpack from some friends that has a leash inside to hold the dog in, but the pack is too soft. But she doesn't mind, special if I wear the pack. Then she can keep her eyes on my wife to make sure she hasn't left her. (Dog has major mommy issues)

·
Adventuregeek
162 Posts
Riding with pets, or picking up carryout? You be the judge...

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
I guess my view here is I would not think of riding with a pet unless they were covered
with the same protective equipment I have.

And as I have not seen any REAL helmets made to fit animals and not seen any armored
gear made for pets I think I would avoid endangering my pet unless such equipment became available.

No I am not a member of PITA or do I even agree to their somewhat radical ideals,
but endangering any living creature unneccessarily in my view is akin to abuse.

Would you stuff your newborn baby in your jacket to take it for a ride?

KM

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Would you stuff your newborn baby in your jacket to take it for a ride?

KM
I though about it....lol J/K :D I would never have done such a thing. Besides, none of you would ever have heard about it on here because my wife would have killed me after I got back lol.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts