Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Boston Vulcan Rider
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, just wondering how many miles you guys have put on your bikes this year. I got a late start in mid-June and only live a couple miles from work and didn't get to take any real good long trips, but I still managed to put on almost 4,000 miles. And loved every foot of it! Not too bad for a first ridin season, albeit short. How much did you put on?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Normally I put 12 to 15k a year on my scoots but this year was tight on $$ so only got around 8k between the both of them.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Hey folks, just wondering how many miles you guys have put on your bikes this year. I got a late start in mid-June and only live a couple miles from work and didn't get to take any real good long trips, but I still managed to put on almost 4,000 miles. And loved every foot of it! Not too bad for a first ridin season, albeit short. How much did you put on?
I had a decent year,I didn't get to ride as much as I would like,People keep calling and wanting me to do stuff I don't like(work).But I did manage to put 6500 on the 750 and little over 2000 on the 1500 so far but I'm not finished yet I hope.

I don't use mine to commute to work I have to haul too much Junk around with me to work with

·
gun slinger
1,110 Posts
got mine at the end of summer i just rolled over 2K for the year and counting

·
Premium Member
4,778 Posts
Around 6,000 so far. But I've got another 2 1/2 months before the year is up! :motorcycl

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I've put on just over 11,000 since the end of April - 3,000 in just the last month. Riding season's not over yet.

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
I bought mine last september with 5,000 and now i have about 23,350.
For me its been about 18,000 in a year. Im a new guy though....was all excited and everything. Im digging the touring aspect of things.

·
Registered
476 Posts
My wife uses the cage, and I only take the bike everywhere I go, rain or shine or snow year round, so I could'nt say how many miles I've put on lol.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Same here, but I would guess around 8k. To and from work mostly. I don't get the chance to get out much being that I have to watch my daughter on the weekend while the fiance is at work. Grandma watches her all week, so she's usually not very willing to watch her on a Saturday for me unless I have really good reason, and "to go ride the twisties" is not a good reason lol. Needing to go to Lance's house to get something done to the bike, that's a good enough reason that my fiance uses often as lie so her mother will watch our daughter. I tell her not to lie(I swear on my own mother's life), but she says it's the only way she'll watch her and she wants me to get out of the house and go ride.

·
Rider on the Storm
1,287 Posts
I don't keep track of annual mileage. But I've had my bike since the spring of 2006, and I have almost 25,000 original miles on it ~ that's roughly 6,000/year.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I commute 98 miles a day.
So, since the end of May, a little over 8000 miles.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
In case you're curious, 4000 miles is 21,120,000 feet. That's alotta feet to love there bro! Wait what?

I put about 6k on mine but I got it with 4 and a half so I more than doubled her mileage. The commute to work is 35 miles one way and I rode everyday I could.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
I put 23k on this one the first year, but I was ridin 150 mi. RT to work then...
On my present bike I have 9.3k and bought it in Aug. 09, so roughly about 8k per year...

I bought the above Honda new and it was the 700 version so I think that was in 84...??? CRS...lol...
BTW-You can tell that was an old film shot, look at the reversed Homda & Shadow names...
Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Registered
796 Posts
I put 23k on this one the first year, but I was ridin 150 mi. RT to work then...
On my present bike I have 9.3k and bought it in Aug. 09, so roughly about 8k per year...

I bought the above Honda new and it was the 700 version so I think that was in 84...??? CRS...lol...
BTW-You can tell that was an old film shot, look at the reversed Homda & Shadow names...
1st year I had my 93' I clocked 26k. Took a lot of trips out of state to my buds out in Elmyra NY.

I was gonna mention the reverse imagery on the Honda. I was thinking "What The???" :confused:

Did the camera require a cape over it and a powder flash?? lol

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
1st year I had my 93' I clocked 26k. Took a lot of trips out of state to my buds out in Elmyra NY.

I was gonna mention the reverse imagery on the Honda. I was thinking "What The???" :confused:

Did the camera require a cape over it and a powder flash?? lol
actually I think the negative has probably been shot through from the back when the picture was developed

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
actually I think the negative has probably been shot through from the back when the picture was developed
You win, thinking about it that was a slide I believe, and probably projected bassackwards... We weren't that far back in 84...lol... Wasn't like this new digital age, where in a year your new digital camera is obosolete...
I do still have a couple of Nikon film SLR cameras as well as my digitals, but haven't used them in years...
BTW-I kinda thought some of the young folks might like to see how much like our vn750s the older Honda Shadow was, I know most already know, but very close to a twin to it I thought...

·
Registered
278 Posts
After about 5 months of wrenching and tinkering, got my first scoot ready to ride in August. Just turned over 1K miles of riding so far this year! Yahooooooo!!! Not done yet! Doin' a local Poker Run tomorrow.

·
Registered
57 Posts
New to this whole experience. Bought a '91 a couple of weeks ago, almost have 200 miles on it. Still getting comfortable riding somewhere other than the school parking lot (MSF course).

·
Registered
319 Posts
4000 miles. I got the bike with about 12k on it late last year and have over 16k now and hate to see the good weather go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts