Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand the need to relocate the voltage R/R due to heat build up.
I believe I saw someone who has a kit to remount it to the left side.
How do you get access to the screws that hold it to the bottom of the battery cage?
The goat belly is in the way from getting to it from underneath.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the easy way, or the hard way?

Have you ever worked on a vw bug?... I removed my R&R once without tearing everything down. I did it with a ten MM spark plug wrench (or was it a 1/4" box end with a philips bit?) and lots of patience. when it comes down to it, just start pulling things until its easy to get to. it doesn't take much to pull the battery box. Good luck!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Two ways I know of. Take the battery box out, which isn't as hard as it looks, or take out the battery and just drill out the bolts. Not shure about the bit size, but someone will surely know.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Welcome to the Vulcan madness Ralph.

I pulled my battery box a few weeks ago and removed the r/r. Cleaned and painted batt. box and reinstalled in about 3 hours. 2 hours of actual work. Just watch where all the wires go.

Don`t wait too long before checking/lubing the rear splines too. See TEN THINGS below.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a '63 Bug with a sun roof (first car). I remember it did'nt even have a gas gauge. Had a piece of right angle bar stock near the floor board that you turned to make the reseve tank flow.

Anyway, I thank you guys for the interest and tips. I'll attempt the cage removal, and if not, will go for drilling the screws out. I like the "avenue of least resistance" idea and just installing a New one. My budget won't permit me at this time (the daughter's getting married).

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
The mod for drilling out the screws is in my sig below. I'd go for the drilling out the bolts because it leaves holes in the bottom of the battery box so if you ever decided to put it back, (don't know why anyone would?) you still can. It's very easy to do, and the alternative method is not so easy! :smiley_th

1 - 8 of 8 Posts