Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family and I might be moving to Kingman AZ. Dose anyone know any thing about this place? Good or Bad? How is the riding out there? Thank you for any info. :beerchug:

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
My family and I might be moving to Kingman AZ. Dose anyone know any thing about this place? Good or Bad? How is the riding out there? Thank you for any info. :beerchug:
I snowbird in Phoenix (past 5 years)....even hibernated there the last 3.5 years. Phoenix -South (Desert), mostly strait 4-6 (8 -10 lane in Phoenix) hiways/biways, some two lane. Phoenix - Hazardous riding...at least one bad/deathly Motorcycle accident happens per week (mostly Rush Hour/city).

North of Phoenix riding is VG to Great. You will love it.
Kingman - Some cold/snow 2-3 months/year.
Kingman = 30 minutes to Laughlin, NV...60+ minutes to Vegas.
I'll be in Phoenix again in September.
:smiley_th

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I snowbird in Phoenix (past 5 years)....even hibernated there the last 3.5 years. Phoenix -South (Desert), mostly strait 4-6 (8 -10 lane in Phoenix) hiways/biways, some two lane. Phoenix - Hazardous riding...at least one bad/deathly Motorcycle accident happens per week (mostly Rush Hour/city).

North of Phoenix riding is VG to Great. You will love it.
Kingman - Some cold/snow 2-3 months/year.
Kingman = 30 minutes to Laughlin, NV...60+ minutes to Vegas.
I'll be in Phoenix again in September.
Wow you sure know the place!

·
R/R = Relocated Redneck
628 Posts
X2 on what William Tech said. Fairly close to Flagstaff & Sedona areas too. Great riding areas.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
4,508 Posts
Wow you sure know the place!
Ceal, you are just south of Yuma - right ?
I'll be in the area for a meet-up with ya - December probly.
January, California, maybe a meet-up with thtanner, - In April - May will be looking up SlimVulcanRider and a few others in the Great NW.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
January, California, maybe a meet-up with thtanner, - In April - May will be looking up SlimVulcanRider and a few others in the Great NW.

Yup, just about 20 minutes south of Yuma. Looking forward to it! :beerchug:

·
1986 VN750
3,255 Posts

Let's do it. I can point you to great ridin' and eatin' spots. It's a motorcyclists dream out here! :pepper:

If you want to work out specifics I can try to schedule a ride and we can get Jakzen, Mohawk, etc all out on our VNs.

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Hey it's a date! Count me in, Tanner! ^_^

I don't know as much as I should about the northern part of 'Zona, Kemen, but I lived in Tombstone for 15 years. Kick-ASS riding in the southern half; Highway 80, King's Highway, Lots of mountains and twisties (Texas Canyon out by Wilcox is a GREAT example), TONS of little roads, ghost towns and history. Hope to see some pics of your Kingman rides, and don't forget to go see the big hole in the ground (Grand Canyon) and the City of the Donkeys (Oatman, on the Mother Road, Route 66), stay safe and have a BLAST! :D

·
4,508 Posts
Let's do it. I can point you to great ridin' and eatin' spots. It's a motorcyclists dream out here!

If you want to work out specifics I can try to schedule a ride and we can get Jakzen, Mohawk, etc all out on our VNs.
Perfect ! Sounds great.... Love to.

I don't know as much as I should about the northern part of 'Zona, Kemen, but I lived in Tombstone for 15 years. Kick-ASS riding in the southern half; Highway 80, King's Highway, Lots of mountains and twisties (Texas Canyon out by Wilcox is a GREAT example), TONS of little roads, ghost towns and history. Hope to see some pics of your Kingman rides, and don't forget to go see the big hole in the ground (Grand Canyon) and the City of the Donkeys (Oatman, on the Mother Road, Route 66), stay safe and have a BLAST! :D
All the better !
I could/should be around (your area of CA.) for a couple weeks or more...or longer ?
ps: maybe get Ceal to ride North ? LOL

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I could/should be around (your area of CA.) for a couple weeks or more...or longer ?
ps: maybe get Ceal to ride North ? LOL
Maybe if my bike is still in one piece by then lol. I want to renew my visa as soon as I save up enough for it. If my bike is in good condition and I got my visa, the only thing that can stop me is the whether the border agents want to give me a permit to go all the way to Cali or not lol.

·
4,508 Posts
Hualapai Mt. is a nice little ride out from Kingman. Also, there is an annual bike week festival just over in Laughlin, NV.
Yeah, I've been in Laughlin 2x (once in a cage) when one was going on.

·
Registered
31 Posts

The air tour pilots around here call the canyon "THE DITCH". I would think of "Meteor Crater" as a BIG HOLE! Both great places to ride to from Kingman, AZ. I may be in for a Southwest get together ride too if mine is running alright at the time. I'm going to be off work on Fridays and Saturdays starting in late September. If we start to put together a ride, we should probably post in the Southwest section.

·
Bobber Junkie
74 Posts
Gah! How did I forget about the crater and Sedona/Jerome!? :doh:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the info I really appreciate it. Looks like we will be making the move in the beginning of September. I will definitely try out all those roads. Thanks again

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Born and raised in Arizona, kingman is a pretty good area to be in, lots of quick easy access to everything. I love it out here, I seem to be drawn back here. I live in the mesa/phoenix area, its a little hectic when the snowbirds come in but its pretty much year round riding (except for the few times a yr when it rains or we get Haboobs) but other than that its not to bad. Hope you like the heat too lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts