Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just useful information for anyone trying to do this mod. I finally found someone who did this to mount the seat, but they didnt have pictures. All I used was a metal light switch cover, desk lock, washer that keeps the lock from going through the hole and drill. I found all of this at lowes and spent $15. The lock allows me to take the seat on and off relatively easy all I do is loosen the rear fender and the key goes in from underneath. The lock slides up under the light switch cover. This feels very secure. The only downfall is the seat doesnt seat up against the tank and has about a 1in gap. This is my first bike and I took my first ride on it today! I am still in the process of moding her. This seat is a classic vn900.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just wanted to say I love redoing bikes! Took my first ride today. I paid $400 for the bike. It needed a new final drive and driveshaft coupling. I replaced the seat, shaved the bars for saddle bags, mirrors, windshield and a coat of paint. Still need to get the bolts to bolt the heat shields back on.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts