·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stumbled on this interesting read....
http://www.motorcyclemonster.com/news/How-gas-prices-relate-2014-05-09.html

How gas prices relate to motorcycle fatalities May 9th, 2014

two samples......
In 2010, 29 percent of fatally injured riders had a blood alcohol concentration at or above the legal limit of 0.08 percent, the highest among all motorists.

According to the most recent data, 35 percent of motorcycle riders involved in fatal crashes were speeding, and almost half of these crashes did not involve another vehicle.

enjoy
:smiley_th

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts

·
Registered
3,353 Posts

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
on valentines day this year i way a smart car take a left in an intersection at about 40 and turned a bit too soon he hit the median that was about six inches tall and launched the car five foot over it it was hilarious he stopped right there staggered out of the car gave it a once over and got back in and drove off i saw him two hours later at a bar and he was talkin bout it and how good the suspension was

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
I was wondering more about "being seen" and being more likely to be in an accident, but I have to admit I am surprised they are considered "safe" in an accident compared to other compact cars.
Simply because its a car and has two headlights spaced out some distance it has an advantage over a bike. Humans don't see single headlights as a threat...(when not focused at them) and that's why we often hear the car driver say about the biker he cut off "I didn't see him".

There's a Smart car commercial that shows a giant SUV being supported by the cars tiny frame. It's basically a reinforced cage, and that's one of the reasons the car does well in safety tests.
I think there's a few YouTube videos showing the car being tested.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
Even though they do it, you never hear anyone say..."I'm going to get real drunk and then go real fast!"
It's not my fault my bike likes to go real fast after I've had a few:beerchug::loser1:

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
It's not my fault my bike likes to go real fast after I've had a few:beerchug::loser1:
that statement will make a few of us think....... LOL

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
that statement will make a few of us think....... LOL

My Goldwing liked to fall down when i was drinking. she was a mean bitch.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Welp! $4.19/gal for 87 at the Shell station last night and holding today, we're all gonna die. Die riding, die walking, die in bed, or in the bathtub. Bet it only gets higher the rest of the summer, hell, may never see $3 again.

Only one station so far, but the others are catching up at $3.89, some are still $3.75.

Time to fill up the motorhome WT. Cripes, my pickup has a 33 gal tank and the VN only gets 43mpg.

·
4,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welp! $4.19/gal for 87 at the Shell station last night and holding today, we're all gonna die. Die riding, die walking, die in bed, or in the bathtub. Bet it only gets higher the rest of the summer, hell, may never see $3 again.

Only one station so far, but the others are catching up at $3.89, some are still $3.75.

Time to fill up the motorhome WT. Cripes, my pickup has a 33 gal tank and the VN only gets 43mpg.
I always stay away from "Shell"...always higher.
No "Sunoco" in AZ...but also more expensive back east.
Yeah, past two months, added $50.00 to my tank....I have a bit more to go ! LOL

Gasoline is not expected to go down (from present price) EVER in the future. Read up on current WORLD economics, fuel discovery/development.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
This Shell usually follows the herd, but I had someone tell me the sign at that station was showing $7.19 at 5:00 and when they came by again the sign was turned off. lol Should've got a pic.

Oil was pushing up to $104 today, we're on our way.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I like the distracted driver angle. There's also another statistic that states increase sales of ice-cream lead to more snake bites.

·
Super Moderator
11,867 Posts
Gasoline is not expected to go down (from present price) EVER in the future.
They said that last year too and the price actually dipped below 3 bucks a gallon here. It's cheaper today than it was yesterday (now $3.44)

It's still cheaper than beer, wine, whiskey, and maple syrup.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The other thing to consider for motorcycles is that most of the accidents that happen, nearly 90% if i remember correctly, don't involve another vehicle. Usually it is someone taking a corner too fast and then trying to slow down... a spill waiting to happen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts