Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
See a post that helped you out? Want to point out user that should be avoided? Give out some reputation points!

You may have seen the little green (or red) "jelly beans" underneath your post count in each of your posts:

This is a gauge of how much reputation has been given to you by other members. By resting your cursor over the "jelly beans" it will give a little message showing how much repuation you have.

To leave repuation for another member:

Simply click the
button at the top right hand of the user's post and fill in the info.

After clicking, select "I approve" or "I disapprove" and add some comments.

ALL members can leave reputation for any members. Site Supporters can view who left repuation for them in their UserCP.

Remember, this is not anything serious and don't get upset if you don't get as many rep points as the next person. The staff has full viewing to see how the system is being used. If it is abused, the ability to leave reputation can be taken away on user by user basis.

Do different members have more weight when they leave reputation for me?

YES.

Here is how it is broken down.

• Everyone starts out with 10 rep points.
  • Everyone starts out with the ability to give ZERO points reputation (this is so you don't create a user just to give negative rep). You have to earn the right to give rep points.
  • For every 100 days that you have been a member, you gain 1 point of rep-altering power.
  • For every 500 posts you make, you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
  • For every 100 points of reputation you are gievn, you gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.
  • You cannot give any reputation before you have posted 50 posts. (you can give it, but it will not count util you've made 50 posts)
  • You can only make 10 reputation clicks per day.
  • Before giving a person any rep points that you already gave rep points to, you must give out 10 other rep clicks to different users. (This prevents rep padding).
  • When an ADMIN gives someone reputation, it is worth 10 points.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
what are the reputation levels? as I have one bubble and it says I am on a distinguished road. whats next and when, at two bubbles. more curious as to what each level says. it seems like everyone is on a distinguished road.

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I don't think I've seen more than one bubble for anyone?
I'm at 85 points and it says I'll become famous soon enough.
I have no idea what any of the other sayings are.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I didnt think this would get so quick of a response way down here at the bottom. with the amount of posts you have it should say hyper is the king of the road!!!!!
I think the ratings are pretty cool but it is also cool that no one worries much about them. another forum I belong too they did away with them but there is a lot of childish drama on that forum. here we just have our oil threads. LOL

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Just to give you something to aspire to
User is an unknown quantity at this point 0
User is on a distinguished road +10
User will become famous soon enough +50
User has a spectacular aura about +150
User is a jewel in the rough +250
User is just really nice +350
User is a glorious beacon of light +450

Reactions: rsawyer and wib714

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
thanks Dianna, I just made you a little more famous!

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
优量生产免调试易安装的气体流量计、智能气体流量计、蒸汽流量计、饱和蒸汽流量计、过热蒸汽流量计、ZD系列浊度仪、压力表、液位计和自控自动化设备;产品面向全国 气体流量计·超声波流量计对喷射器的用水. ·气体流量计使用中常见问题及. 产品展示. 气体涡轮流量计 · 液体涡轮流量计 · 磁翻转双色液位计[/QUOTE] Translated it says..... [QUOTE]You debug-free production capacity of the gas flow meter easy to install, smart gas flow meter, steam flow meter, flowmeter saturated steam, superheated steam flow meter, ZD line Turbidimeter, pressure gauge, the total level of automation and control equipment; product surface To the nation gas flow meter ultrasonic flow meter on the jet of water. Gas flow meter use and frequently asked questions. Products. Gas turbine flow meter liquid flow turbine Total turnover two-color magnetic level gauge[/QUOTE] Don't think we need water/steam flow for our bikes! But hey, it has a two color magnetic level gauge!!! Cool :doh:

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
But where would we mount it?

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
My wife's thinking about getting that "smart gas flow meter" before the next time she makes chili at our house and praying it has a directional indicator so she can plan her escape route!:pepper:

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
I always wonder when I see some kid wearing a t-shirt with Oriental lettering on it, How does he know it doesn`t say he`s a jackass, or that his parents weren`t married? :doh:
Reminds me of a guy in the Army. He went by the nickname of coondingy for several years before he found it's korean for a**hole.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Reminds me of a guy in the Army. He went by the nickname of coondingy for several years before he found it's korean for a**hole.
EXACTLY !! :doh:

·
Addicted to Projects
545 Posts
Well hey I usually just get called the names they don't even try to hide it from me! Of course since I answer to them...

·
Registered
78 Posts
My wife's thinking about getting that "smart gas flow meter" before the next time she makes chili at our house and praying it has a directional indicator so she can plan her escape route!:pepper:
I like it brother!:rockon::rockon:
Do they sell cans of 'whoop ass here '?? You can exspect me to be a zero, i'm here for fun and freindship brothers, but i love a giggle along the way !:hitanykey:hitanykey

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this site..have an 06' VN750....7000 miles had on odmeter when purchased..has never ever run properly. don't know whats wrong with it, been to several shops and even kawasaki. has had all elect. replaced, new fuel valve, carbs bal'ed, volt reg replaced, and even spark plugs...heres what it does...Oh yeah, replaced computer also, that was another 400 bucks....it...at rpms between 3500 and 45 hundred, will not run smoothly. on hard acceleration up to 5 grand it is fine, then when backing off throttle, misses like its running out of fuel and doesn't engage agin till about 4500 then hesitates like its still out of fuel. And during windy conditions, it runs even worse. I am at my end of the rope with this...spent over 2000 dollars in just repair cost and it still won't run properly. has vane and hines short stacks with proper jetting..exhaust color is a bite dark because I run just a taste rich...I am so very fed up with it i am ready to park it or sell it or just hang in on the wall as a decoration...does anyone have anything helpful for me as far as what I haven't tryed as of yet? I would surely appreciate it....that you much

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I am new to this site..have an 06' VN750....7000 miles had on odmeter when purchased..has never ever run properly. don't know whats wrong with it, been to several shops and even kawasaki. has had all elect. replaced, new fuel valve, carbs bal'ed, volt reg replaced, and even spark plugs...heres what it does...Oh yeah, replaced computer also, that was another 400 bucks....it...at rpms between 3500 and 45 hundred, will not run smoothly. on hard acceleration up to 5 grand it is fine, then when backing off throttle, misses like its running out of fuel and doesn't engage agin till about 4500 then hesitates like its still out of fuel. And during windy conditions, it runs even worse. I am at my end of the rope with this...spent over 2000 dollars in just repair cost and it still won't run properly. has vane and hines short stacks with proper jetting..exhaust color is a bite dark because I run just a taste rich...I am so very fed up with it i am ready to park it or sell it or just hang in on the wall as a decoration...does anyone have anything helpful for me as far as what I haven't tryed as of yet? I would surely appreciate it....that you much
There should be a vacuum line from the carbs that goes to the right side air filter "ear". It should go into one of the holes on the engine side of the "ear".
Check to make sure it is not bottomed out on the hole thereby not allowing air into it. This will cause the fuel bowls to run dry and starve the engine.
Cut the end of the vacuum line at a 45 degree angle so that if it pushed to the bottom, it still gets air.

The windy condition leads me to believe that this hose is not in the right place, or perhaps missing. The end of the hose needs to be someplace that does not get drafted by air rushing past it. That can either push fuel into the carb when it shouldn't, or starve the carb for fuel, either scenario is not good. That's why Kaw put it inside the right air filter, or "ear" where it is calm.

Check that and let us know.

Jon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts