1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since nobody is answering me in this thread:

http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15583

...I'll ask it here. :)

How does the Saddleman seat (Custom Explorer, I think) compare for the Mustang and the Corbin for our VN750's? Regarding seat comfort, support, and pain on long trips.

Also...can one use the Pro-Tac backrest and mounts with the Saddleman seat?

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
the protac drivers backrest can be used... the only seat option IRC that protac doesn't work with is the Corbin, becasue it has its own driver's backrest..

No one is repsonding to your question because it is a hard one to answer... all three are great seat option, but is sadleman the best.. I D K... I do know that it is going to be the last aftermarket seat available for our VN750.. what ever seat a person chooses now, won't be available for much longer... parts are going to be hard to find for our vn7xx over the next several years.. and aftermarket parts.. hmmmfff... forget about them.
So you want a new seat... read teh reviews from saddleman, daylong, and corbin.. then make your judgment from there.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a vn900 seat on mine.. but I'm 6'2" and need the extra inchs that it sits back from the stock seat... and I love it!

·
Vintage bike addict
859 Posts
What is comfortable to one will be painful to others. Adjusting for leg position makes a big difference in the comfort of any seat. Any recommendation for a seat is purely subjective.

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is comfortable to one will be painful to others. Adjusting for leg position makes a big difference in the comfort of any seat. Any recommendation for a seat is purely subjective.
I can see that.

However...it can't be any worse than the stock seat... :motorcycl

·
Registered
60 Posts
I might have to look into that option with the vn900. I am aware of the discomfort the stock seat offers on rides longer than an hour. I have been looking for options, but my '97 vn750 is not something that everyone screams to build aftermarket parts for today. From what I have read the Corbin is low and I need a higher seat being 6'5". I was looking at Mustang seats, but they are hard to find. Also trying to find out about the saddleman seats. If the VN900 will fit and offers more comfort than stock I may have to go down that path.

Clock152 would you say the VN900 seat is higher than stock? Where did you get it?

Has anyone else tried putting the VN900 seat on the VN750 or any of the VN900 aftermarket seat options?

I love the bike and it is my first bike, which I bought in April 2010 with about 8200 miles on it. Actually, found out from the seller about this forum here. He steped up and got the 2009 Vulcan 2000.

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
From what I have read the Corbin is low and I need a higher seat being 6'5"
not necessarily true.. going lower on the seat, but moving your tail bone backwards at the same time gets just as good, if not better results than raising the seat height.

·
Registered
900 Posts
yeah it is a bit higher the way I have it set up.. there is a mod for HD seats.. kind of a bent metal piece in the shap of a Z bolted onto the bottem of the front mount...moves it forward a bit... I got mine off of Ebay for $20.. but I am picking up a fatboy seat today from my sis to see what it would look like...try a few differnt setups untill you find a fit that is right for you...anything can be modded to fit our bikes.. well almost anything.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
I have a Saddleman Lo-Boy on my bike that I got off of e-bay years ago. It looked a lot like the explorer pictured without the studs but I took it to an upholsterer and had it shaved back eliminating that protrusion from the passenger seat. I love it and as I am 6'2"..........

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Mustang comment

When I got my new (2006) bike this summer, the gent selling it to me threw in the one piece studded mustang. I rode august & early sept. on the OEM seat. Mushy & HOT. switched two weeks back & the Mustang sits a tad lower, but has the small back support. The passenger seat is a good bit higher than the OEM passenger seat. I think it would need a higher sissy bar.

http://www.mustangseats.com

But the support and comfort are way way up on the original seat.
My long ride so far has been 260+/- miles and it wasn't my big butt that got tired.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
How does the Saddleman seat (Custom Explorer, I think) compare for the Mustang and the Corbin for our VN750's? Regarding seat comfort, support, and pain on long trips.
As said many times, everyones butt is different and it is easy to find two riders with completely opposite opinions on a specific seat.

I would suggest you post a photo of your asss here for us to judge what seat you should try... ;)

KM

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
As said many times, everyones butt is different and it is easy to find two riders with completely opposite opinions on a specific seat.

I would suggest you post a photo of your asss here for us to judge what seat you should try... ;)

KM
ROFL - yeah...I don't think anyone wants to see my big, fat, hairy arse... :wow:

That said... I am 6'2" and 315 pounds. I'm a big guy.

The wider seat style the Mustang and/or Saddleman offer would give my wide load much better support than the stock seat, I think. I had my stock seat repadded this year by Mean City Cycles. It is much better than it was...but still not good enough.

Guess I'll just have to give one a try and see how it goes. Have to wait till work bonus time in Feb to grab one. :)

·
Banned
1,620 Posts
I just put the Saddlemen seat on my Vulcan, and haven't been able to put many miles on it yet. The only thing I have to compare it to is the stock seat..... IMHO the Saddlemen is a huge improvement. Firm and supportive. It sits up higher than the stock seat, but if the install instructions are right, it is supposed to "settle" and become 1/2 to 1 inch lower after ridding awhile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts