Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a big boy and like to get twisty and latley I have noticed a little more scrape than i am use to.

When i make hard turns i am scraping my pipes and my center stand.

Is there any thing i can do to combat this with out going on a diet my self? :loser1:

·
Registered
227 Posts
the rear shocks are adjustable, if the four setting don't give you enough adjustment you can start playing with the air preasure in them. Be carefull, it WILL change the way the bike handles.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Hi The Rear Shocks Have 4 Settings Four Damping, And You Can Put Higher Air Presure In Them For A Heavier Seat Load, It Is Best To Use A Pushbike Pump With Fitted Guage As You Don't Want To Put To Much In (it Can Blow The Seals) The Manual Tells You The Maximun, And You Want Them Both The Same Presure . I Know Some People Who Have Fitted A Balance Pipe Between The Two Shocks To Make Sure They Are Both Equal, Hope This Helps

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
I Know Some People Who Have Fitted A Balance Pipe Between The Two Shocks To Make Sure They Are Both Equal, Hope This Helps
That sounds like a good idea. Plus that way you only have to add air to one side, yet still pressurize both.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
I Think They Used The Pipe Off A Set Of Old Air Shocks Off A Z1000 The Fittings Were The Same, But I Think They Were After Market Shocks Not Std.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips

thanks for the tips!

I will try to implement them this weekend.

:motorcycl

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts
wont help with scraping, since i noticed u said u were a lil heavier, but tire air pressure will help the responsiveness into a turn.

also some have gone to the progressive front springs with great reviews.... that is my next big buy here....

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a little heaver!

Dude im 2 doughnuts away from wearing a leather MOOMOO! Tell me more of these progressive springs please.

·
Uber Member
1,280 Posts

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
I got Progressive front springs, I havent put them in yet but it is a winter project. I have ridden on a 750 with progressive front and rear though. Bulldog has them on his, The suspention is firmer and the front end wont dive when you hit the front brake hard.
Tank got them for me through a friend of his.
Man I miss riding, winter sucks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts