Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure where to put this question, so if it needs moved please do.

Can anyone tell me how to get the speedometer unit off of the VN750? For reasons I'd rather not get into (lets just say I still suck at riding a bike), the plastic piece on the back of the speedometer that the housing screw goes into is broken off on my bike. I have disconnected the cable and dropped the plastic housing as far as I can. Can't seem to figure out how to get to the mounting bracket that is located behind the plate that the ignition switch is mounted on. Looked in the service manual and couldn't even find a section for the speedometer.

Thanks

·
Sparky!!!
8,697 Posts
first remove the headlight assembly, then there is a black plastic piece that has 3 Phillips head screws on the under side of the dash. pull the plastic piece off, then you can get to the Allen bolts holding the dash onto the bike. remove the dash and gauge cluster, then you can remove the gauge mounting bracket.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much! Sure hope I can figure out a way to "fix" the existing speedo. Just took a look on eBay and folks sure are proud of the ones they are selling! :BLAM:

·
2,527 Posts
Thanks so much! Sure hope I can figure out a way to "fix" the existing speedo. Just took a look on eBay and folks sure are proud of the ones they are selling! :BLAM:
Is yours just loose?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah Dave, apparently I did a little more damage than I thought yesterday. :mad:

The little plastic pillar on the back of the speedometer unit is busted off and I need to see if I can't get it glued/epoxied back on so I can securely attach the plastic cup.

·
..have a vulcan good day!
4,508 Posts
Yeah Dave, apparently I did a little more damage than I thought yesterday. :mad:

The little plastic pillar on the back of the speedometer unit is busted off and I need to see if I can't get it glued/epoxied back on so I can securely attach the plastic cup.
Yeah, I've read ...it's been done before many times !

·
2,527 Posts
I've done it too, use Krazy glue or expoxy. It really doesn't hold any weight so that should work just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts