Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried using a back-out bit to remove a sheered off pilot jet... the bit has now broke off inside the pilot jet.

Any ideas?

I really do not want to have to buy a new set of carbs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would suggest checking with a local machine shop. They have a bit called an extractor and possibly other tools for this.

I took part of my carbs to the local shop in Austin and they were able to use the extractor bit to take out my carburetor drain plug (which had the hex key pattern stripped so I could not remove it)

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would suggest checking with a local machine shop. They have a bit called an extractor and possibly other tools for this.

I took part of my carbs to the local shop in Austin and they were able to use the extractor bit to take out my carburetor drain plug (which had the hex key pattern stripped so I could not remove it)

There are a dozen tools and hundreds (if not thousands) of techniques to remove it. HOWEVER, you run the risk a damaging such a sensitive part. So, I would second the advice of taking it to a good machine shop. They have the tools, training and do it all day long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts