Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Someone locally mentioned "bluejob" ?? will that do it? or do i need something else.

Also hose has rust or some crud on it.. How much are these to replace?

The bikes an 800 classic

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
There are all types of cleaner available. As for the covering over the cables you could use anything made for black plastic color restoration. It may take a few applications due to the intensity of your problem. Rust on metal can be cleaned with Never Dull or other tarnish/rust cleaner. For chrome there are specific chrome cleaners including one you referenced that is claimed to clean the blue from headers. Most people here have a personal favorite so you will get a wide variety of answers.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
there is a dirt cheap way to remove rust from chrome, requires some elbow grease tho...

take a wad of ordinary aluminum foil, some water and rub the bejesus out of it.. keep it damp. the foil reacts with the rust on the chrome, turns the water black, and removes the rust... will need to put something on to protect it after tho..

it does NOT scratch quality chrome.. I have used this on my own vn750.

also, it don't do squat for discolored exhaust..

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
The clearcoat is ruined. No way to repair that. If it didn't have clearcoat, the paint maybe could be buffed out. In the second picture, if that is plastic electrical conduit, it is also ruined. Looks like sun damage. The rust can be removed from under the lower triple clamp, but the paint will come off with it, and it will need to be repainted.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
The chrome quality on these bikes is not fantastic.

For the paint, you can get paint and clear and repaint the same color. But if all that work why not sand it down and do your own thing? Try Adams metal polish after getting the chrome clean.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Disassemble....soda blast ...not sand or bead...soda....quick shot of clear over it to protect....3 coats....done....

Harbor freight sells a blaster for $25....its not meant for soda....just remove the valve and flare it (intake side)...soda will flow then....

And Tommy's right.....

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
Disassemble....soda blast ...not sand or bead...soda....quick shot of clear over it to protect....3 coats....done....

Harbor freight sells a blaster for $25....its not meant for soda....just remove the valve and flare it (intake side)...soda will flow then....

And Tommy's right.....
Thanks Brother. Beginning to feel like home again.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
dont be alarmed guys i just merged the two posts and cleaned it up to avoid confusion

hope you guys dont mind

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
....sheeee-it.....startin to feel like home again, aint it ???? (passes the jar)...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts