Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have things listed beneath whatever they post such as: changes made to their bikes, equipment they added, and so forth. How do I set this up? Is this the "signature"?

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Disregard. NOW my effort showed up. I answered my own question.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Any luck with thread notifications, Richard?

·
Retired USAF (IYAAYAS)
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I was temporarily fooled by the website changing some things retroactive and some things not. For example, I changed my user title and saw that it went back to make that change to all previous thread entries I did. When I changed my signature it didn't do that but did display it to subsequent entries made after the change. Either that or it simply takes longer to update earlier entries. Either way, no big deal.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Any luck with thread notifications, Richard?
Is that from a different thread?

Kevin
Yes, bringing it up since an administrator had poked their head in. Thread reply notifications are 100% broken here. It's not a spam issue, they're just not being sent. I've tested this with a second forum account on a different email provider, and notifications work perfectly for private messages but never for thread replies. It's been this way for at least six months, maybe quite a bit longer.

·
Administrator
364 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Glenda, I do understand that you're trying to help. However, I've responded to that request at least three times so far. Please check the Administrator PM's as well as the thread where this is discussed.

1) Yes - I have added those addresses to my safe list.
2) I've confirmed this issue on my own account as well as a test account using a different email provider.
3) I receive notifications from other VSOBR forums without issue.
4) Other users have confirmed this issue.

·
Administrator
364 Posts
Glenda, I do understand that you're trying to help. However, I've responded to that request at least three times so far. Please check the Administrator PM's as well as the thread where this is discussed.

1) Yes - I have added those addresses to my safe list.
2) I've confirmed this issue on my own account as well as a test account using a different email provider.
3) I receive notifications from other VSOBR forums without issue.
4) Other users have confirmed this issue.
Admin test 123.

AS

·
Registered
499 Posts
I got a notification on that!

Edit - just got notification on another thread as well. Whatever you've done, it's working now. Thanks!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just curious - what was the issue?

·
Administrator
364 Posts
I could see emails going out in the logs, which was strange. There was a board setting that needed to be adjusted, which affected some users
Our admin account and others were receiving notifications, so it was difficult narrowing down what the issue was.

Regards,
Alan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts