Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK I messed up. I emptied thefront brake lines and now I cant get fluid back into them. Any suggestions? The fluid was filthy and thre were solids in the master cylinder. I have everything clean.

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
these brakes are notoriously hard to get bled too. speed bleeders help, but you may still have a soft lever (many, including me have). it just takes time, time, patience, and more time and patience sometimes to get them up to par again.

of course, make certain you do NOT let the master cylinder go dry during the process. it don't hold much and don't take long to empty

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fluid won't go from the master cylinder into the lines.

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
For some reason, everytime I do brakes I think it's clogged and then after forever, it starts suckin some up.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts
Put a hose on the blender valve,open blender,then suck on the hose.just stop sucking before the brake fluid gets to the end of the hose cause brake fluid tastes like ****.don't ask how I know.;)

·
Competent Noob
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Strangest thing. I could not get it to take any fluid. I am a motorcycle noob but I know what I am doing. I also had help from my buddy who is pretty good on motorcycles. He had to leave but I kept at it. I was trying many different things. What finally worked was I pulled the lever, put a locking vice grips type of pliers on the hydro line, and then let go of the lever and it started sucking. Strange. I had to repeat that process a few times and then it worked normally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts