Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was a pretty good one. I like how much we got in so little time. A dusting last night then ten inches this morning! I know it won't be the last either. Work was delayed until 10 a.m. this morning. Snow may suck because we can't ride but going back to bed for an extra hour or 2 on a random Wednesday morning kicks ASS!!!!! :zzz: I bet Florida and Cali don't do that.

How about you guys? Everybody make it in on time today? Anybody get a snow day? How much accumulation did you get?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Snow, Ha! Now that's funny.

Although it is supposed to drop into the high 20's tonight.

Jon

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^ Hey Floridian, why are you in the NORTHEAST section! Stick to the Southeast where you belong!!! LOL!!! :D

I'd rather it be 29 and snow covered than 29 and not. You can't ride either way but in our case we get random days off and remarkable beauty. You just get cold. :p

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
^ Hey Floridian, why are you in the NORTHEAST section! Stick to the Southeast where you belong!!! LOL!!! :D
I lived in the NY/NJ metro area for 40 years, I've got experience.:smiley_th

Jon

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Snow, Ha! Now that's funny.

Although it is supposed to drop into the high 20's tonight.

Jon
I saw a weather map today depicting snow on the ground and Florida was the only state in the Union with out some snow even Hawaii had snow on the highest volcanic mountain peaks.Where's Al Gore when we need him? That was sarcasm ,I really don't care where he is.

·
Registered
796 Posts
We are getting your storm now liberty. About 4" on the ground now and still snowing. YEEEEHAAAAAA!!! Looks like I'll be playing with my sleds later. haha

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Central Ohio was robbed. We were expecting 4" to 6" & got maybe 3". I was hoping for 10"!
^ Hey Floridian, why are you in the NORTHEAST section! Stick to the Southeast where you belong!!! LOL!!! :D :p
Kanuck, that was spoken with the enthusiasm of a true Canuck!:smiley_th

(Now if I can just sneak back to the International Region without getting poked by LP.) LOL:)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Central Ohio was robbed. We were expecting 4" to 6" & got maybe 3". I was hoping for 10"!
are you sure you're not quoting the weatherman's girlfriend?

·
Jack of all trades
2,863 Posts
are you sure you're not quoting the weatherman's girlfriend?
ZING! we got a light dusting when i was going to work (5 a.m.) and about 3 1/2 inches when I was leaving (5 p.m.). So I kinda had to do a double take
when I opened the door to leave. Now we only have about 4 inches but the roads are fine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Just to give you snowbirds a laugh, here in The Heart of Dixie we got about 3 inches of a snow slush mix. I was off work for 3 days and the schools are still closed 4 days later.I guess Rednecks cant drive on snow. i know im not taking a chance.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Just to give you snowbirds a laugh, here in The Heart of Dixie we got about 3 inches of a snow slush mix. I was off work for 3 days and the schools are still closed 4 days later.I guess Rednecks cant drive on snow. i know im not taking a chance.
some rednecks can, it takes about 6 inches of snow to stop a Corolla around here ,a foot or two for a 4wd .Ice and freezing rain is a different story though.

·
Daily rider
1,043 Posts
I saw a weather map today depicting snow on the ground and Florida was the only state in the Union with out some snow even Hawaii had snow on the highest volcanic mountain peaks.Where's Al Gore when we need him? That was sarcasm ,I really don't care where he is.
Wasn't any need to explain it, Denny. It was good the way it was. Just sayin'...

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Wasn't any need to explain it, Denny. It was good the way it was. Just sayin'...
You usually get it,some don't,therefore the explanation :smiley_th

·
2000 VN 750 Senior Member
2,494 Posts
That was a pretty good one. I like how much we got in so little time. A dusting last night then ten inches this morning! I know it won't be the last either. Work was delayed until 10 a.m. this morning. Snow may suck because we can't ride but going back to bed for an extra hour or 2 on a random Wednesday morning kicks ASS!!!!! :zzz: I bet Florida and Cali don't do that.

How about you guys? Everybody make it in on time today? Anybody get a snow day? How much accumulation did you get?
I work for the NJ Turnpike and snow means extended hours of snow plowing as we are required to be in before the storm and stay until the snow stops and the roadway is totally cleared with only blacktop showing shoulder to shoulder. At times it isn't much fun until I remember that my job pays for my cycle addiction and all that goes with it. I'm just glad that the majority of the long overtime days are in the nonriding times rather than the spring and summer.

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kanuck, that was spoken with the enthusiasm of a true Canuck!:smiley_th

(Now if I can just sneak back to the International Region without getting poked by LP.) LOL:)
OUT HOSS! NOW!!! Just kidding of course, anyone can comment at any time but if you're in Florida or Cali and you chime in just to rub it in, you're gonna hear it. The point of the post was actually to talk about how enjoyable the snow is. Yeah you can't ride in it but I'm cool with that (no pun intended). We get every bit of all 4 seasons here and I freekin' love it!!! I watched kids go sledding in my back yard yesterday. How cool is that!? :smiley_th

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
I have a 4 foot high hill in my front yard down to the sidewalk and a 19 foot wide boulevard before the road. When my kids were little, we had all the neighborhood kids over here sliding down on the new snow. I still notice families walking by with small kids who run up the hill and slide down a couple of times on the seat of their snowsuits before leaving. Usually have a few snow angels out there too. (Kids lay on back in new snow and wave arms up and down, and legs back and forth to make winged angel design on the ground.)

·
Registered
796 Posts
Well I finally got to go out and play in the white stuff with my snowmobiles after snow blowing a bunch of driveways and pulling people out of the ditch. Damn the wind tho.....in one spot there is 3 feet of snow and right next to it bare ground. I like it when it snows without the 30+ mph winds. Plus the wind sucks when snow blowing. It doesn't matter where you point the shute it still blows back at you! lol

·
Registered
6,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 4 foot high hill in my front yard down to the sidewalk and a 19 foot wide boulevard before the road. When my kids were little, we had all the neighborhood kids over here sliding down on the new snow. I still notice families walking by with small kids who run up the hill and slide down a couple of times on the seat of their snowsuits before leaving. Usually have a few snow angels out there too. (Kids lay on back in new snow and wave arms up and down, and legs back and forth to make winged angel design on the ground.)
THAT'S what I'm taking about!!! By the way Hoss, if I ever visited - I'd be one of the "kids" LOL!!! I wouldn't have thought to describe a snow angel either. Never dawned on me some people might not know what one is. :smiley_th

Well I finally got to go out and play in the white stuff with my snowmobiles after snow blowing a bunch of driveways and pulling people out of the ditch. Damn the wind tho.....in one spot there is 3 feet of snow and right next to it bare ground. I like it when it snows without the 30+ mph winds. Plus the wind sucks when snow blowing. It doesn't matter where you point the shute it still blows back at you! lol
You ain't kiddin'! It beats the hell out of shoveling but I look pretty funny with a white mustache, beard, and eyebrows! Even snowblow up, down, side to side, the winds ALWAYS in your face. Along those lines, why when you sqeeze a lemon or lime, it always goes in your eye? How does the fruit know where our eyes are?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts