Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering replacing the engine in my 1992 what is the largest cc engine anyone on here has successfully swapped into one of these frames? I'm considering a vulcan 1500 anyone successfully done this without having to modify the frame too much.

·
Super Moderator
11,972 Posts
It’s not about size (THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID)

It is about what the frame and suspension can deal with, horsepower wise.

The old Kawasaki H2 (I had one) had more power than the frame/suspension could handle. You could conceivably fit a 180hp motor in the frame. Doesn’t mean it be a good idea.....

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
AND there is the issue of how much fab to install the engine. one thing to remember, the vn750 is a unique bike, the frame is not shared by any other kawasaki out there (well, the vn700 is shared, but that is just a 1 yr model made to fit the import regs to protect harley back in the day)

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Sorry if I .looked like a smartass posting that engine, I wass thoguht I'd be funny.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AND there is the issue of how much fab to install the engine. one thing to remember, the vn750 is a unique bike, the frame is not shared by any other kawasaki out there (well, the vn700 is shared, but that is just a 1 yr model made to fit the import regs to protect harley back in the day)
Thank you I did not know that the frames on the 750 were not shared with an other models

·
Registered
8,337 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think Spockster should find how to weasel the first gen vmax engine in the frame. It'd be good for at least one run.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I think Spockster should find how to weasel the first gen vmax engine in the frame. It'd be good for at least one run.
Gonna put my 750 on my lawn tractor so I can catch up on some mowing.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,245 Posts
Sorry if I .looked like a smartass posting that engine, I wass thoguht I'd be funny.
I thought it was hilarious thank you.

Damn Spockster.lolol
Cool, thanks. I was in a whacked out state with a pinched nerve in my back, or maybe my head. 😄
Gonna put my 750 on my lawn tractor so I can catch up on some mowing.

I have a loose nut behind the handlebars...

Reactions: MSattler

·
Registered
273 Posts
Maybe it'd run better with a magneto instead of a stator hahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts