Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Howdy!

anyone around here?
Yeah, there's a few of us. I haven't been on in quite a while; been in a slump, and just now gettin' my head out and getting back to work on the scoots. Trying to get my 750 and two others back on the road, the other two sold, and get the 'Wing paid off, finally.

What's up?

Jim

·
Registered
659 Posts
Hey JD! Long time no hear brother. Hope you're still keeping it between the white lines.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey, Joe! Yeah, I'm still at it; runnin' Houston to Shreveport, spend the night, then back to Houston and Galveston the second day, off the third, then do it all again.

If I stay on this run past June, I'm thinkin' I'll take a bike to S'port and keep it at the hotel. I get there just after noon, and don't leave 'til just before noon the next day; I could get some decent ridin' in before I have to hit the sack and get my rest.

Good to hear from ya, guy!

·
Registered
748 Posts
BigT is in LaPorte, and Danny (rccrashburn) is on the NW side of H-town. There's several not online, two of 'em over near me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
You can add me to the Houston area list... I'm over in Seabrook... Just picked up a 2000 VN750... LOVE IT!

Can any of you guys recommend a shop for fork seal repair??

-Daniel

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can add me to the Houston area list... I'm over in Seabrook... Just picked up a 2000 VN750... LOVE IT!

-Daniel

Home Depot a Saturday and a 12 pack:smiley_th doing mine here next weekend

·
Registered
748 Posts

-Daniel
I'd've recommended Highlands Kawasaki, but they're no longer in the Kawasaki business. I don't know enuff about Kawasaki of Pasadena's service dept. to make a recommendation; I've heard good and bad over the last few years, and they were looking for a tech not long ago.

There's Ebr Performance, in Seabrook, but I know nothing about them. Backroads Cycles on Hwy 3 in S. Houston is a no-no; several bad reports from friends of mine.

Fork tube seals aren't difficult, but an extra hand can be a plus. I've got two that need doing, but it'll be a couple weeks at least; I've got the seals and dust boots, just ain't had the time. My schedule is such that I get a Sunday off every 3 weeks, with Saturday off the following weekend, and usually a couple days off during the week.

Hey, looking back thru your recent posts; did you get your bike from BigT? What did he get?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Hey, Daniel;

Was reading back thru your previous posts, and saw the one about the ACCTs. I just rebuilt a set for a guy over here near me. When I ordered new springs for him, I got an extra set, just in case. Another member, a buddy of mine that lives over in Navasota, gave me his old ACCTs when he converted to TOC's MCCTs. Easiest thing to do would be for me to rebuild these, and just swap 'em out, or we could get together and rebuild yours. Takes about an hour, all told.

We need to have a shop day around here some weekend. Only problem is, my next free Sunday is Easter, and my next free Saturday is the 30th. I'm hoping to be riding the Twisted Sisters that weekend with Texas VROC, if I can get the 1st and 2nd off, and get my bike back on the road by then.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Houston Area

I am in The Woodlands. Been riding my VN750 for a couple of years.

·
ass hole extaordinaire
3,780 Posts
Just throwing in and saying hey. Im new to the forum and the vulcans. I have a 97. Im in San Leon.
your a loan wolf down there brother cause i just moved to dallas area before the holidays

1 - 15 of 15 Posts