Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this article this morning. This makes total sense and if anyone has the cajones to try it that would be great. So at some point I mentioned that my hot start issue went away after cleaning the carbs. This might be because of a pilot jet issue and it may dovetail into this. Injecting cool air into the cylinder.

The problem with these bikes is finding a place to do the injecting.

http://planetklx.org/techtips/hot-start.html

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
If I had a hot start issue with the VN750, I would certainly try it.
of coarse I would need to convert the bike to a kick start first so I know when to open the valve.

nahh...i did the pickup coil mod and got an AGM battery...no more hot start issues...lol

·
2014 KLR 650!
3,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I had a hot start issue with the VN750, I would certainly try it.
of coarse I would need to convert the bike to a kick start first so I know when to open the valve.

nahh...i did the pickup coil mod and got an AGM battery...no more hot start issues...lol
That didn't fix my hot start issues.

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
Fifty people looked at this without. Single snide comment? Is this thing on?
OK... Snide comment.
This likely does not apply to any multi cylinder engine with electric start.

Less snide.... There's a company called Dyno Jet that sells something similar....but it's to inject more fuel into the manifold, not air.

More snide....
If an AGM battery along with the pickup coil mod and a set of iridium plugs didn't cure your hot start issue, you likely had dirty filthy carbs..... :)

·
Registered
106 Posts
(giggle )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.