Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hopped on the Vulcan this afternoon, after about a block it started cutting out and died. I couldn't get it started again but after awhile it started. I did eventually get it started and let it run for about 5-10 minutes. After it ran for awhile I noticed a fairly strong hot, burning smell.

Any ideas on what might be the problem is appreciated.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Moe, I don't know about the hot, burning smell, but I had a problem with mine (a new 2004) cutting out a few weeks back. I was at a traffic light and it just quit. It took me several minutes to restart it and it kept trying to die all the way to where I was going. Fortunately, where I was going was the Kawasaki dealer to have the 500 mile service done to it. The mechanic found that the choke cable had been improperly routed at the factory and every time the handlebars were turned the cable was being pinched in a way that it was causing the choke to activate. The rich mixture (with the engine hot) was causing the cutting out. Since that was fixed I haven't had any problems with it. She now runs like the sweet machine she is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts