Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rebuilt and jetted the carbs on my 99 vn750. When I was installing the carbs I knew where the 2 fuel lines went, and the 2 vacum lines but there is a vent hose from between the carbs connected with a t fitting. The bike was apart for quite some time and do not remember where this line connects can anyone help me.
DREW:BLAM:

·
Registered
227 Posts
should have a angle cut end that goes into the slotted tube part on the right ear

·
239 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,505 Posts
The t-fitting goes between the two vacuum hoses, and then you put a hose on the remaining end of the T out to the right air box. I think it's a 5/16th ID.

Good luck!

·
MANIC MECHANIC
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx everyone
Drew

·
Registered
46 Posts
The two Vacuums do not go to the airbox, the two VENTS link with a 'T' piece and go to the airbox. the vacuum lines go to the petcock.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Vent tube

On the subject of these hoses, what gets done with this vent tube if using pod type air filters, as there will be no airbox to attach it to??
Can the the T-fitting be left open, or should I run a hose to somewhere?

·
Premium Member
1,647 Posts
I believe that the location of the hose is really not important. What is important is that the hose not get plugged, blocked, or kinked. As long as the end is protected, it really doesn't matter where it goes. The right ear is just a convenient mounting place for it where road crud, bugs or other crap can't plug the hose. The only danger is from it bottoming out against the plastic of the ear, and if you cut the hose at an angle, this problem is eliminated.
With your pod air filters, I believe you could run the hose anywhere as long as it won't get plugged or blocked by something.

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
On the subject of these hoses, what gets done with this vent tube if using pod type air filters, as there will be no airbox to attach it to??
Can the the T-fitting be left open, or should I run a hose to somewhere?
I tucked mine between one of the coolant hoses and the frame under the gas tank. Probably should have some sort of filter on it (though I don't) as it is possible for dirt to get into the carbs through this vent line.

Jon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts