Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, There seem to be about 50,000 hoses on this bike, and I'm not sure of which goes where. I think that when I got the bike, some of the hoses were misconnected.

Here's my problem. There is a low vaccuum pressure I beleive that is allowing the engine to suck the fuel lines dry faster than they can be refilled by the petcock when the bike is operating at WOT.

I believe of the three hoses running to the petcock, the left and right are fuel, and the center if vaccuum. This center hose runs to a t-connector, and branches into two hoses. One of these hoses ran to a brass nipple on the left side of the carb assembly. I think this is the front carberator. The other hose ran to nothing.

Now, there is a vent hose that runs to the left airbox, is shoved into one of those holes, and stays there. In the manual diagram, it also appears to run to a t-fitting, and branch into two hoses. I'm not exactly sure where one of these hoses goes to, but the other goes to a brass nipple on the right side of the carb assembly. I think this is the rear carberator. So, is this brass nipple for the vacuum line, or the airbox vent, line, as right now, it appears that the lines are only "half right" and thats not good enough.

Ben

·
Registered
9 Posts
You should have a short hose from the petcock to the nipple on the left carb(no T fitting) the nipple on the right carb goes back to the emissions in front of the battery (unless it is coastered, then it can be plugged)
Between the carbs, there should be two vent lines that go to a T and from there go behind the right ear.
Hope that helps................

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
Is it posable you have a California model, They do have more vacume hoses and polution controle crap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts