Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my bike is a 2003 and I want to replace the stock horn with something louder and more substantial. Looking for recommendations on after market horns that are loud and fit our mounting brackets. I was also considering getting a Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone horn for it but it would seem to need a custom bracket. I saw others had done this but the photo links seemed to be broken for where and how they did it. So if that horn is what everyone thinks is the best option, I'd appreciate advice or photos of how you mounted it to your bike. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks all

·
NewB to Vulcans
220 Posts
I fitted the Stebel. It came with a T bolt/nut. Drilled out the LHS lower ear mounting bolt and fitted the Stebel there. It just kisses the engine guard and the bolt could be a thread or two longer so I used lots of blue thread locker. Tucked the relay under the wiring harness by the front ignition and used one of the stock horn connections to operate relay. Power comes from Aux conn in Headlight shell.

I think I have a watch that beeps louder then the stock horns, Stebel is LOUD!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fitted the Stebel. It came with a T bolt/nut. Drilled out the LHS lower ear mounting bolt and fitted the Stebel there. It just kisses the engine guard and the bolt could be a thread or two longer so I used lots of blue thread locker. Tucked the relay under the wiring harness by the front ignition and used one of the stock horn connections to operate relay. Power comes from Aux conn in Headlight shell.

I think I have a watch that beeps louder then the stock horns, Stebel is LOUD!
Ok newbie question the ears are the front air filters on either side that are chrome and black? Also why are they called ears

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,076 Posts
my Vulcan can't hear you

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i got the horn replaced. And that thing is definitely loud. I ended up putting it in basically the same spot as the old horn. Made a custom bracket and ran new wiring. But when i hit that horn everyone definitely knows that I'm there now, thanks again for help and advice

1 - 9 of 9 Posts