Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im contemplating doing a horn relocation within the next few days but not sure about the wire length of the horns. I am going to try and relocate them above the ears somewhere. Does anyone know if the stock wires will reach this far?

Thanks

Dan

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I'm not sure but concidering you're moving them back down the wiring harness. You should be good. Even if not, you can easily add some length to the wires to locate them where ever you want.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I was considering doing something like this once I have completed my earshave. I really don't like the look of the horns on the forks. Can you please post pics and brief desciption of how you did it when you finish?

Thanks

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
I ditched my stock horns for a pair of WOLO airhorns mounted in front of my radiator.

·
Old Truck Junkie
4,133 Posts
Some of us have relocated them to where the side reflector is. Remove reflactor and place horns. You will need holes for the wireing.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
825 Posts
Some of us have relocated them to where the side reflector is. Remove reflactor and place horns. You will need holes for the wireing.
I've seen it and didn't care for that look. I'm not crazy about this idea as well and will see if they will fit where my GOAT was.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I put mine underneath the gas tank after the earshave

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I put mine underneath the gas tank after the earshave
That's what I want to do. But considering air horns.

Anyone have a suggestions as to what kind to get. And how difficult is it to switch them? Is wiring required? Or is it just plug and go?

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I took the horns off and covered it with a plate and a pair of eagles on it. Put a Stebel air horn under the left ear. Used the bottom bolt on the ear to attach the horn. Don't remember if I extended the wires or not. Can't send pictures until next week when I get back home as I don't have all my pictures on this laptop.

Good luck

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
The Stebel Compact air horn that Gemguy used is loud, but there have been reports of early failure with some.
(The WOLO BAD BOY is the same horn with a different name.)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NPRTII/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1282045073&sr=1-2-spell

It draws about 20 amps, so you will get more volume if you hook it up with a relay and use the original horn wires as the trigger circuit.

IMHO this horn is is too high pitched by itself, and needs a low pitched horn to complement it. (LO tone Fiamm below would be good)

I have a set of Fiamm Highway Blasters (HI and LO tones) ready to mount just like baldy`s:
http://www.vn750.com/forum/album.php?albumid=245&pictureid=1176
If they are not loud enough, I have a Wolo Bad Boy that may get mounted on the left side under the ear too.

I just need to wire up the relay for them. The stock wiring will not even coax a sound from the Blasters.
Some 14 ga wire direct from the battery to them wakes the dead.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i will post pics and a description once i'm done. Went to do it today but my drill is at my girlfriends house. Hopefully I will get it done some time this week.I like those WOLO air horns a lot.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like my horn exactly where it is !!:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts