Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

horn not working?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  flitecontrol 
#1 ·
horn not working? What could it be? A bad fuse? any suggestions helpful. Thank you.

#4 ·
check fuses.... jump the horn to the batt directly and see if it beeps... if so hen its the switch :rockon::pepper:
Or wiring , or a connection.

Why worry about it, the stock horn isn`t loud enough to be heard by anyone but the rider and nearby dogs anyway.:BLAM:

#6 ·
Of the two wires coming to the horn(s), one should have 12V always when ignition is on, and the other is grounded when the horn button is pressed.

So, with your multimeter at DC voltage setting and ignition on, see if 12V comes to one of the wires. Actually, if the horn itself is ok, you will see 12V on both wires.

Then press the horn button. If the button is ok, one of the wires should drop to 0V.

If, with the button pressed, you have 12V on one side of the horn and 0V on the other, the horn itself is not working. I have managed to fix this situation by turning the little adjustment screw behind the horn. I guess the contact points within the horn corrode it the horn is not regularly used.

#7 ·
I guess the contact points within the horn corrode if the horn is not regularly used.
So that's why 750Doug's horn doesn't work. Too much finger!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.