Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just had my cable snap last week and replaced it. The replacement cable seemed short to me but my old cable looked stretched so i figured it was right. When replacing the cable i had to have both adjuster nuts tightened all the way just to get the line and ridge on the clutch lever to line up barely. Today i went to ride and now my bike will not go. When i am in first it will slowly push me forward barely. If i loosen any of the adjuster nuts, the line and ridge do not meet up at all. is there something i missed. I hope this is the problem any other suggestions would be helpful. Also when adjusting the cable should the clutch lever be forward or held against the handlebar. Thanks Mick

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well it sounds like the cable may be a bit short because it isnt releasing the clutch fully hence the slow crawl in first. Are both the adjusters completely closed or open?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it working. i took the cable all the way off and routed it a shorter way slightly and i got it working. i have a little play in the lever so i know that the clutch isnt always engaged.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Glad to hear it! Happy Riding

1 - 4 of 4 Posts