Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone had mentioned somewhere that you could connect the volt meter into the junction box. Is this true? Is so, I assume you just put the positive end of the wire under the fuse?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
There is a couple of places to hook up.
You can use the extra plugs in the headlight bucket or for best results run to battery throught a relay so it turns off when ignition is off.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a couple of places to hook up.
You can use the extra plugs in the headlight bucket or for best results run to battery throught a relay so it turns off when ignition is off.
Can you run it through your junction box? Also, I'm not much of an expert on electrics, so what relay should I get?

·
HAWK
2,576 Posts
When you say Junction box I believe you are talking about the fuse box.
Yes that is posable.
As far as a relay any will work as the Volt meter si not a big draw so you do not need a large relay.
I am not a big fan of taping into the fuse box as if it is done wrong you can damage teh fuse holders.
Yes there is empty wires behind the headlight that you can use but it might not be the most accurate due to the fact that you are using the harness which can add resistance, it will not be a big differrence but might be slight.

·
Wareagle1970
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someone had mentioned they had hooked it up to the yellow and black wire coming from the fuse box and added the resistor as well.

Where would I be able to pick up a resistor? I'm a moron when it comes to electrics...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Someone had mentioned somewhere that you could connect the volt meter into the junction box. Is this true? Is so, I assume you just put the positive end of the wire under the fuse?
You probably can....on the load side of the fuse.
I connected mine to the speedo/tach lamp wiring....works great.
The two spare leads in the headlight bucket are hot all the time eventually draining the battery.

·
Registered
900 Posts
You probably can....on the load side of the fuse.
I connected mine to the speedo/tach lamp wiring....works great.
The two spare leads in the headlight bucket are hot all the time eventually draining the battery.
this is true.. I have my driveing lights hooked up there.. added a switch so that I can turn them on and off... I suppose you could do that with a volt metor as well.. not sure if it would give you a good reading going thru a toggle switch though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts