Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
engineered these for a total of like $30. look real cool may have to move the bottom hole on the bracket to lower the pegs a bit but they dont feel to bad just took it for a short trip up to gas station. sorry bout the not so good pics took them with phone girlfriend isnt home and she has the camera. ill try to take better ones tomorrow.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Brackets look similar to those made by Cspinner and lance328. Good basic design IMHO.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9987

I think Cspinner used deepset sockets as spacers on a set he made, but do not recall what he used for foot rests.

I think you will need some rubber or gritty anti-slip tape on yours. Good start. I still need to make some for my bike.:motorcycl

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
That`s the kind of stuff I was thinking of.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I've drawn up this design too for my VN. My layout includes a bar that connects the two pegs to stiffen the side to side forces. Does your heal bump the shift lever? Do you think this design will work with the Kawasaki OEM engine guard?

DT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heal doesnt seem to hit the shifter ill do a longer ride tomarrow to see better. dont know about the engine guard. i have a bar running between bout half way up bracket thats what the two acorn nuts ar for on the bracket. makes it real sturdy

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
. i have a bar running between bout half way up bracket thats what the two acorn nuts ar for on the bracket. makes it real sturdy
I missed that in the photo, nice...

DT

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
Very cool dude. Give yourself a little extra stretch on those long rides, looks cool, and all for 30 beans. Can't beat that. When you cover them with grip tape, have you considered making them striped? Kinda like Kury's but yours?

Brackets look similar to those made by Cspinner and lance328. Good basic design IMHO.
http://www.vn750.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9987

I think Cspinner used deepset sockets as spacers on a set he made, but do not recall what he used for foot rests.

I think you will need some rubber or gritty anti-slip tape on yours. Good start. I still need to make some for my bike.:motorcycl
Already got the pegs Hoss!! ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
I've drawn up this design too for my VN. My layout includes a bar that connects the two pegs to stiffen the side to side forces.
Kinda like this?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/knifemaker1954/1489998317/in/set-72157602277630067/

Anyones welcome to use my design. they do not fold up BTW.

All parts were available at my local Lowes. There is a 3/16 of an inch difference between the top engine mount bolt and the bottom one...meaning if you want the bracket to be perpendicular to ground, you need to add a 3/16 shim to the top of your bracket, otherwise they will not be straight. ( I solved this by crossing pieces of 3/16 strap steel to make the two front struts. And used a piece of aluminum bar for the side support, basicly making a triangle out of the three pieces.)

The cross tube is just a length of aluminum tubing I polished to cover the 1/2 inch threaded rod.

KM

I used bicycle grips for the rubber on the pegs.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
Very cool dude. Give yourself a little extra stretch on those long rides, looks cool, and all for 30 beans. Can't beat that. When you cover them with grip tape, have you considered making them striped? Kinda like Kury's but yours?

Already got the pegs Hoss!! ;)
Yeah, got the pegs, I mean that I still need to make brackets to attach them. lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts