Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Ratbiker
53 Posts
I have slash cut Cobras. They sound real nice standing by the bike blipping the throttle but I don't hear them much riding with a full-face helmet. Considered removing the baffles but I did a no-helmet test ride around the block and they're definitely loud enough!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Sounds nice man. Im in the process of doing the same thing. Good to see it looks and sounds that way I was hoping! Thanks for the vid

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice. Those look and sound great! That's what I need to do!

·
Registered
668 Posts
well we just got them done sound great and runs great as well ill post some pic tomarrow!! thank god my brother-in-law has a muffler shop!!! anyone close to the buckeye state wants some sweet home made drag pipes cheap let me know. ill have the pics up tomarrow:rockon:
Hi,

did you have to do anything with the carb? rejet?
does the baffles make a difference of "power" when removed or placed?

thanks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
they r open pipes no baffels. and all i had to do was adj the air/fuel screw and marble

·
Registered
156 Posts
I've never been a fan of the look. It's always bothered me that the stock muffers don't match in length however. Can't wait till I can afford a real nice chrome exhaust.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
3 i think

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
np and hope u get it running right i can tell a big diff in performance after

·
Registered
774 Posts
What is the marble mob I keep reading about ?
This thread is over 10 years old and hasn't been posted in for nearly as long. Use the search feature to look up marbling/coasterizing/earshaving for more info. It's a modification to the bike's intake system, not for the faint of heart but worth it if you're mechanically inclined.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
What is the marble mob I keep reading about ?
This thread is over 10 years old and hasn't been posted in for nearly as long. Use the search feature to look up marbling/coasterizing/earshaving for more info. It's a modification to the bike's intake system, not for the faint of heart but worth it if you're mechanically inclined.

Thought the marbling is just putting marbles in the reed valve tubes to stop popping on deceleration? Coastering is the same but uses what they call a coaster to seal the port right on the cylinder instead. Earshave is changing out the stock air intake with cone filters. There’s more tech details than that but that’s the high level so at least you know what or why you’re looking it up

21 - 35 of 35 Posts