Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well we just got them done sound great and runs great as well ill post some pic tomarrow!! thank god my brother-in-law has a muffler shop!!! anyone close to the buckeye state wants some sweet home made drag pipes cheap let me know. ill have the pics up tomarrow:rockon:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here ya go tell me what ya think???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and here is a vid with some sound!

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
Sounds wicked! :rockon: I'm thinking about doing the same thing to mine but going single sided. Any tips?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we used the stock header pipes and run 2in off of them. worked nice and with a few bends got it all mocked up. after the marble mod and adjusting the fuel/air to 2 1/2 runs much better and sounds bad azz. i think we r going to make a few sets with all 2in and see if we can make a few bucks on the side!!! we r kicking around a price and r figuring what we would have in them.
thanks guys it is nice to hear my bike now!!! lol was very mellow stock:rockon: not counting the price of pipe and labor i had 45 in header tape and 20 in the black header tape spray so new pipes for 65 bucks hell yea lol

·
'85 Bobber
98 Posts
That price is what I am talking about! I just broke an exhaust stud off today (YAY!) so now it is going to be down for a while.
I did an ear shave so this gives me time to pull the carbs.
Seems like I am doing a better job at breaking everything down and a crappy job at putting it back together haha.

·
Chucklehead
1,050 Posts
I'm thinking about doing the same thing to mine but going single sided. Any tips?
I'll have to get the finished pics of mine up here. I ended up using a chop saw, mig welder and an old rusted out set of headers from my buddy's truck but it wasn't difficult to do. I did spend a bit making the "muffler" (3" pipe with removable baffle) Strange things I do when I get bored around power tools .....

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i found some 4 in long baffels that fits the 2in pipe. im going to order a set and see if it gives it alittle more rumble

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Not bad man, nice job. :smiley_th Personally I prefer the chrome pipes look. Those sound like they are really loud. :wow: I'm looking for something not quite as loud as those. I want them loud but not too loud.

To each his own though I guess.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well my friend has a honda 1300 with vance&hines pipes on it and he took the long 8 in baffels out and they r bout the same db id guess by ear.

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Yeah I've heard them on Lance's 750 with the baffles in and that's about as loud as I wanna get.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts