Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two holes one on each head that are part of the casted head. The hole faces forward on the front head and rearward on the rear head. Both of these holes are weeping oil...the front consistently the rear just a bit....

I have no idea what these holes are for, I've looked through the whole OEM manual. Looking into the front one I can see into the motor.

What the hell are these and what does it mean they are weeping oil? Are there suppose to be plugs in them? How would the plugs pop out? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
There are two holes one on each head that are part of the casted head. The hole faces forward on the front head and rearward on the rear head. Both of these holes are weeping oil...the front consistently the rear just a bit....

I have no idea what these holes are for, I've looked through the whole OEM manual. Looking into the front one I can see into the motor.

What the hell are these and what does it mean they are weeping oil? Are there suppose to be plugs in them? How would the plugs pop out? Thanks.

those are the weepholes that go back toward your spark plug wells ,you need to change two o rings on each head.

just use a big nut to turn the tubes out after removing the spark plugs.I'll post you a link to the parts break down in a minute or two.

Edit: here is a link
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/2662-kawasaki-2000-vulcan-750-vn750-a16/assemblies/73565

you ned 2 each 92055 and 93055b it's an easy fix and a pretty common problem.

·
Linkmeister Supreme
7,960 Posts
those are the weepholes that go back toward your spark plug wells ,you need to change two o rings on each head.

just use a big nut to turn the tubes out after removing the spark plugs
.I'll post you a link to the parts break down in a minute or two.

Edit: here is a link
http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/model_years/2662-kawasaki-2000-vulcan-750-vn750-a16/assemblies/73565

you ned 2 each 92055 and 93055b it's an easy fix and a pretty common problem.
If you don`t have a 27 mm nut, you can use the rear axle nut like a big Allen wrench to turn the spark plug retaining tubes out to replace the O-rings on them.:smiley_th

I had a big nut (1 1/16" or 1 1/8" OD) in my junk drawer that was slightly oversized, and just I filed the 6 sides down until it fit the recess in the retaining tubes. It is now marked as motorcyle tool, and kept in my toolbox for future use.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
If you don`t have a 27 mm nut, you can use the rear axle nut like a big Allen wrench to turn the spark plug retaining tubes out to replace the O-rings on them.:smiley_th

I had a big nut (1 1/16" or 1 1/8" OD) in my junk drawer that was slightly oversized, and just I filed the 6 sides down until it fit the recess in the retaining tubes. It is now marked as motorcyle tool, and kept in my toolbox for future use.
the rear axle nut is a perfect fit and the job takes about 5 minutes per side. good time to switch to iridium plugs if you haven't yet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts