1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
That looks pretty interesting. But knowing my luck, I would forget to unhook it before I got off the bike, walk away and set it off. lol

·
Super Moderator
11,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks pretty interesting. But knowing my luck, I would forget to unhook it before I got off the bike, walk away and set it off. lol
Well one of the videos shows someone doing that..but the pull required was strong enought that the the jacket was not triggered....it just kinda jerked the guy back. I think the pull force has to be over 35 pounds , so you'd have to be iin a pretty big hurry getting off the bike to trigger the jacket.

;)
KM

·
Bandito
160 Posts
I was going to bid on one of these on ebay a few weeks back but the bidding went nuts and ended higher than I was willing to pay for a used jacket.

I love the idea of them and if I can find one for under $200 that would be great.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Man how embarrasing would it be to get off the bike and forget to disconnect the cable.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,724 Posts
this jacket looks like a good idea. we've just lost 2 riders in 1 week! (the first rider, the wife and I knew, the other rider we knew of. the second rider was killed on the way home from the first riders wake.) if 1 or both of them were wearing these jackets, they might still be around to tell us how good these jackets work!

but, then again, they both were "harley" riders and wearing "protective gear" isn't "cool"! so I guess being dead is!

·
Registered
116 Posts
On my last accident I figure an airbag jacket have saved me a shattered shoulder blade and 10 rib fractures. I paid $700 for the one I just got, which is way more than most would consider (but it was also a good quality touring jacket, so say it really cost $500 for the jacket + $200 for the airbag feature). However if I ever go down again it will be cheap at the price.

But even an airbag vest could be a lifesaver and that should be a lot cheaper.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts