Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey y'all, April is the same as here, so Chuck, Denny, Spots, FoolamI, and others here/there abouts, ain't it about time to start makin plans to meet up and ride the sticks of NE. Ga., W. NC., E. Tn., E. Ky., SW. Va., and/or around somewhere...??? Them yanks got their thing goin up north, lets get or sticks thing goin down here...lol...
PS-I know we could find a kind of central place to meet up and ride a few days... Some of y'all are workers and should be the ones to decide the where and when, usually us ole retards can go about anytime the weather permits...lol...
FOB---Have a good one...Old Dog...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Them yanks got their thing goin up north, lets get or sticks thing goin down here...lol...
So, is this you tellin me, Dawg, that I caint come down if I could ????....I been plannin a ride that way anyhoo....

But hay...the title was aimed at me... ;)

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
/\ Boy, don't you be actin like that, I'll take a wet squirrel to you...lol... I'm just sayin y'all have already started to get things together and we're farther South, so we need to be getting our chit together too...lol...
Bro, you get your Hillbilly/Redneck arse on down and we'll ride some stick roads... You know you're welcome...:beerchug:...

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
don't you be actin like that, I'll take a wet squirrel to you
I started cryin after that one brother....lol....never heard that before...gotta hurt AND stank at the same time....

Well, Spots is gonna try to come up here fer Strange Days...me an Denny is supposed to do a trip....but hay...we're all only about a days ride, eh ?....

Im still hopin we Yankees can meet up with the Buckeyes, but aint lookin good...I may as well head south....warmer there than here, lol....50s all week here, but rain till Weds...I been out, but just fer short spins...

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started cryin after that one brother....lol....never heard that before...gotta hurt AND stank at the same time....

Well, Spots is gonna try to come up here fer Strange Days...me an Denny is supposed to do a trip....but hay...we're all only about a days ride, eh ?....

Im still hopin we Yankees can meet up with the Buckeyes, but aint lookin good...I may as well head south....warmer there than here, lol....50s all week here, but rain till Weds...I been out, but just fer short spins...
Ha, ha, I would've thought you'd heard it before, kinda old...lol...
Y'all are a lot tougher weather wise (and other wise too) that me... I used to muskie fish in the blue cold blowin snow, now 50* is colder than I can stand... But summer time is a comin...lol...
I did however ride 12 mi. today, I used to ride 21 mi every other day, now I ride 12 mi. every other week if I kinda want to...lol...

All jokes aside I do feel better after I ride that darn thing...lol...

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I'm in and my schedule is somewhat flexible anytime after late May for up to 4 days. Pick a semi central location and toss a date out.

·
Headbanger/Popes of Hell
6,736 Posts

Im still hopin we Yankees can meet up with the Buckeyes, but aint lookin good...
hey Wolfie, what's going on with this?.....is it still on? was the date changed?

sorry for the hi-jack, but I still can't see old threads....:confused::confused:

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,223 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Joe, I've got to get off these 7/10's ( some 12's & 14's) before I can even get in a few hours of riding. We got blessed with work for awhile. I"M FRICKIN' TIRED! Dang fake knees ain't gonna last long at this rate. Even the salaried bosses are working Saturday and Sundays running up and down ladders with us. Course they are getting a straight time pay but it like 34 dollars an hour. They think cause they come out there with fresh legs we should be moving faster. I told them I'll sit in the office for 5 days and they can do the ladders 7 days a week and we'll see how that works for them. Anyway it may be June before I can make a trip. Got to play it by ear at this time.

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chuck, I'm not in any way tryin to rush the ride, shucks I'm a warm weather rider anyway, just the planning...
I was just thinkin that we might be lookin at when and where we might get together and ride... No hurry at all, you know April showers make May flowers, and I had much rather have the heat in the mountains than the rain...lol...

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
I'm down anytime you fellers are. I work 5 or 6 days a week, but I can always tear out on a Fri. evening and ride all day Sat. and Sun. I'd rather leave early sat. morning though. I'm west of Knoxville, so you guys pic a location and let me know. If it helps, I grew up on Highway 116 which is curvy and full of beautiful views. The road is a little dangerous, but nothing crazy. It sees some bike traffic but still isnt very busy on the weekends and isn't patroled by the law at all. Biggest worry is no guard rails, some rough pavement in places, and coal trucks. We could meet in Lake City at the Cracker Barrel for breakfast, and then ride across and end up at my place outside of Harriman for lunch and beer. It would be 55 miles or so of good curvy 2 lane rd with some great views and fairly light traffic. I can borrow a grill and we can do burgers here at my place. The address is George Jones Rd, Oliver Springs, TN 37840. Ill add the street number if we decide its a go. We can even eat lunch here, then drop down and catch 27 north up to the Kentucky Line and come back down through LaFollette. Should be easy to stack up 150-200 miles of good curvy back road.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
You got a Harriman down by you too, eh ????...I got one not 9 miles away....

To the Buckeyes....clean yer cookies and temp files to see the thread...me and Goofin were about to cancel it....

This is what my Harriman area looks like....named after the RR tycoon ....this is Arden House...a think tank....I used to hunt the mountain behind it...Schunnemunk Mtn....a convent up on top...lotta rattlers too....

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
You got a Harriman down by you too, eh ????...I got one not 9 miles away....

To the Buckeyes....clean yer cookies and temp files to see the thread...me and Goofin were about to cancel it....

This is what my Harriman area looks like....named after the RR tycoon ....this is Arden House...a think tank....I used to hunt the mountain behind it...Schunnemunk Mtn....a convent up on top...lotta rattlers too....

Late to the party again. I'm all for it OD,I'd say it all hinges on Chucks work schedule since I'm retarded too and Spots is off on weekends.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
Late to the party again. I'm all for it OD,I'd say it all hinges on Chucks work schedule since I'm retarded too and Spots is off on weekends. :motorcycl

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
:beerchug:Did a drag race or 2 in Harriman Tn. in the 60s... Back then the trophies actually had real black walnut bases, made good pistol grips, knife handles etc. ...lol...
PS--Yeah, we better let Chuck have the heavy hand in the when & where as he is payin in on our SS that the politicians stole from us retards...lol...
Also remember Spots will be able to ride Sat. & Sunday, so we need to be in his neck of the woods then, he is in some fine riding country and a bit of history probably about 10 mi. from him in Fratersville...
The community of Fraterville was devastated by the mine explosion. The town lost all but three of its adult males. Hundreds of women were widowed, and roughly a thousand children were left fatherless. Some families lost as many as eight family members.[2] A large memorial service was conducted at the Briceville Community Church on June 8, 1902.[3]
Eighty-nine of the deceased miners are buried in the Fraterville Miners' Circle in Leach Cemetery (behind Clear Branch Baptist Church) just off U.S. 25W at Lake City. A monument at the center of the circle bears the names of all 184 miners who were identified. On May 19, 2005, the circle was added to the National Register of Historic Places. Other miners who lost their lives in the Fraterville disaster are buried in Longfield Cemetery on U.S. Route 441 just east of Lake City.

Here are a couple of pictures I took a bit back on a round thru Hwy 116, also known as the devil's triangle... In the 80s I did a TVA substation under the 161 KV line that crosses 116 at Braytown...

As Spots said, guard rails are few and far between, but here are some...

Spots, I think the last one above (Graves Gap Baptist Church) might be close to home for you...???

·
Mountain Man
175 Posts
In that picture of Graves Gap Church, if you had faced down the mountain the road I grew up on is about 1/4 mile down, it goes up the hill to your right, Duncan Flats Lane. So yes, that all looks very familiar lol. There is a poker run on the April 12th, and I have to forge on April 6th and 7th, and the wifes birthday is April 13th. So maybe the weekend after if the weather holds? April 19th or 20th? We can swing by my parents and y'all can see the forge and the draft horse and my old mans antiques if you want.

Jordan

·
Old Twistie Sticks Rider
5,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Folks May is shot and June is on us, and we have not made any get together stick ride plans yet... Chuck, Spot & others, when might be good for y'all...??? Just kinda checking in and bumpin it up a bit, thinking we might need to be talkin it up a bit...lol...

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I'm good almost anytime except between 6-8 and 6-15 or on 6-24. Spots place is about 200 miles from me but I can do it. Someone pick a date

1 - 20 of 230 Posts