Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,222 Posts

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Depends, If you mean a set that directly bolts to the bike then you need to get some from someone here. But if you have an engine guard or crash guard there are many pegs that can bolt to them.

·
Premium Member
1,021 Posts
Actually there is a fellow that makes a bracket that attaches to the frame. His name is chad. Do a search for floor boards and highway pegs. If you use knife maker design you can make it yourself for about $35.

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Hey KM, great bike. Those are some great pics and resources out there--thanks. You're quite gifted!

Did you make your backrest is that a Corbin or Mustang seat & rest?

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Hey KM, great bike. Those are some great pics and resources out there--thanks. You're quite gifted!

Did you make your backrest is that a Corbin or Mustang seat & rest?
Thanks. I made the passenger backrest. The seat is a Corbin and that's the Corbin "drivers" backrest.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Good except... You need some highway bars or an engine guard to mount them to.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bought enough to get me started on the Knifemaker design. Curly why the one strap is aluminum? Is it because it's the one against the frame?

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
easier to cut, polishes up nicely, doesn't need chrome to avoid rust

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
I suspect that while many of the others have steel mounts like Jardine forward controls the actual footplates would be aluminum. People say jardines are also steel but actually they are mostly aluminum. I used a magnet to check.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I suspect that while many of the others have steel mounts like Jardine forward controls the actual footplates would be aluminum. People say jardines are also steel but actually they are mostly aluminum. I used a magnet to check.
The diagram calls for using two steel straps and one aluminum so that'd what I bought. But I wasn't sure why.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts