Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any Highway Pegs that fit on the Kawasaki Engine Guard?
The right side looks like it would be a tight fit if possible at all?

If there are any good fits where can they be purchased?

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Several have used the Kury right angle pegs #4059 mounted on the outer upper edge.
http://www.kuryakyn.com/products.asp?bn=Metric&ci=3258

4509 // $149.99 _ORDER NOW
Long Right Angle Mount with Dually ISO-Pegs and 1" Clamps (pr)
U.S. Patent # Des. 405,393 and 411,440

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dianna. Those Kury Peg's look sharp and should be a good fit.
Found Kury #4509 at MC Assessories, Miami, FL for 126.73 + 15.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
The Kawasaki crash bar is not symetrical left to right because it goes farther out around the the right side exhaust pipe. The pegs will end up with one closer in than the other. Not too noticeable but it's there.
You can also adjust one in and one out to even it up some. the Kury's snug up pretty good but if you have a problem a thin piece of rubber tubing or mat (like those used to open jar lids) should keep them in place.
Like I said though, the Kury's go on easy and stay put.
They are usually mounted on the top tube so it is an easy drop down and swing in to the shifter or brake pedal

·
"ya can't live forever"
321 Posts
I bought some MC pegs and they fit OK. They do however have to be mounted a little far forward very close to the bend on each side. Also I have them angled upward around 20 degrees to give me more clearance for the brake and shift levers. Cost was about $ 56.00. I'll see if I can find the part number.

Part # is 209 www.mcenterprisesusa.com

·
Registered
120 Posts
Take a look at these photos of my bike (excuse the dust, from tile installation work ongoing in my house). The pegs are Kuryakin Pilot pegs mounted with 4503 right angle mounts. I got them from Cruisercustomizing.com.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I used Kuryakin on mine and still didn't care for the position. I built extenders for the pegs out of al. channel. The extension of 1/2" and 1" worked well for me.

·
Gnarly Jokester
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just in case I have to use some Aluminum channel, what thickness did you use?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts