Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gotta vent on some highway peg hangups I'm sure many of us have dealt with! I have in fact searched the forum by the way. I see what I would like to have on my bike and either there is no adapter, maybe there is or maybe I should try this other option of putting them right onto the radiator surround/chassis frame. After all it's a 1 1/4" tube just like an engine guard or crash bar. Anyways, if anyone feels like some input that maybe isn't in the archives... If only I had a fortune to spend eh'? lol. At least she's running great with no mods.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I have seen his page before. I just didn't want to spend $110 on some pieces of metal. I can appreciate his design though. Honestly I just wish I could change the driver's pegs so I can do something like this.
http://cyclegiant.com/products/33903-swingwing-pegs?from_search

I suspect this adapter might work.
http://cyclegiant.com/products/21555-kuryakyn-splined-adapter-mounts
I have the swingwings and I freekin' love 'um! They really change your posture when they're open, giving you alot more air. When they're closed they feel just like floor boards. They're fully adjustable and even come apart for easy cleaning. In my opinion they're worth every penny - that's the best price I've seen for them too. They're usually a buck 60ish...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree liberty. Would you think the adapter would work on a Vn750. Odiously it isn't listed to... But I can't imagine one of the other kawa's listed isn't somewhat close.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
I agree liberty. Would you think the adapter would work on a Vn750. Odiously it isn't listed to... But I can't imagine one of the other kawa's listed isn't somewhat close.
I'm not 100% sure what you mean there. I don't know if you need the adapters. I didn't put the swingwings on the 750, I put them on the mean streak. I didn't need anything for that though, it was a direct fit - plug and play...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I meant to say is* somewhat close. it says a mean streak will work. i'm just wondering if that or another model is close enough to work as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That I'd exactly what I was looking for! Now I just have to see what new pegs those adapters will work with! Thanks blaz!

·
Prowling Tiger
2,048 Posts
That I'd exactly what I was looking for! Now I just have to see what new pegs those adapters will work with! Thanks blaz!
Your welcome. They'll work with any of the pegs shown in that link. I know all Kury brand pegs should work. I am uncertain if other brands will work.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
If they work with Kury, they'll work with Arlen Ness, Drag Specialties, and V-Twin Mfg. too...unless the Kurys are metric thread. Most are just plain 1/2" thread.

·
Registered
6,446 Posts
The VN750 needs adapters. Go HERE and scroll down to part #8830.
That's one of the many many many ways this forum rocks harder than a mason. :smiley_th

If they work with Kury, they'll work with Arlen Ness, Drag Specialties, and V-Twin Mfg. too...unless the Kurys are metric thread. Most are just plain 1/2" thread.
Nah, Kury's aren't metric threaded. I had the swingwings apart this weekend and used the non-metric allen wrenches. Righty tighty...

Expec, let us know what you do and how it works out. If you go that route, I'm curious to see the swingwings on the 750...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I gotta stack some cash first, but when I get em' done I plan to post to this thread or possibly make a new one. Thanks again y'all!

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Sending you a PM, let me know if you don't want them and I'll post them in the forum.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Just a note....there are many companies out there that produce quality stuff at HALF the Kury price....I actually hate Kury and would NEVER buy their products unless they were used at a good price....dont get caught into the Kury spell....thats all it is....if Kury adapter use 1/2" std, then ANY Harley peg on the market will work....dont feed the Monsters.....support the smaller biz's, and watch Kury prices drop...its all media hype.....V-Twin can match anything Kury has....better quality too....I know the owner....the man took his earnings and opened a bike museum....mostly bought by his own dollars....when I see Kuryakin do that (or similar), I might reconsider them...but for now, IMO, Kury sucks dead dog balls....overpriced for what they sell.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts