Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled upon Highway hawks website the other day and noticed they had a set of wide levers for Vulcan 750's, the only problem is they say that they fit 86-04 models. I know that the master cylinder changed in 91 so has anyone bought these and if so which models do they fit. Is it possible to modify the 91-04 model levers to work on the older models? I found them for $22 a set which is cheaper then buying them from Flanders @ $18.60 a piece.

·
Search Goddess
2,002 Posts
Seems like someone else bought a set of those levers and because of the change in the Master Cylinder when they put them on, the brake light stayed on..
If I remember correctly, the 85-90 need an extra tab on the brake lever. they aren't interchangeable. That does apply to the brake lever only. Clutch levers remain the same through the years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Late reply, but that is exactly what happend to me. I bought the JC Whitney levers and sold the Highway Hawks to a Yahoo group member with an older VN750. The change from the rectangular to round MC makes these an improper fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts