Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used highway bar at a salvage yard today and need some photos of the mounting points. The bar came of a wrecked 750 and isnt bent but not sure about all the monting hardware. I have seen many on ebay and on the internet that have the crash bar on them and i wanted one. so if anyone could post some picts of the mounting points that would be awesome!!:smiley_th

·
Jackie Chan Stunt Double
21 Posts
I don't have the F&S crash bar, which it sounds like you purchased, but the mounting points are the two forward engine mounts on the frame. Look for the two 13mm bolts on each of the downtubes, (each one will have a "7" stamped on the head) one set behind the front exhaust pipe, the other set on the tube next to the gear selector. Do one side at a time, and you should be able to use the same bolts. Since there is not a whole lot of thread through the engine mount anyway, if you prefer to get a little longer bolt, look for an M8x1.25. (I just mounted a set of highway pegs over the weekend, so it is fresh on my mind what I needed.)

·
Big Dumb Viking
597 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will a crash bar off a vn800 fit a vn 750???? just wondering it looks it might be easier to install also.

·
Registered
748 Posts
i _had_ a copy of the instructions on my computer at one time, but can't find 'em at the moment; I put in a PM to someone that prolly does, so I'll have 'em again.

Be aware that there are a couple spacers used, ~3/16" thick; one behind the right brake mount/footpeg bracket at the rear, and one behind the left footpeg bracket, at the bottom. They're the same thickness as the mounting tangs on the guard.

Edit: No joy on the instructions; Pick never had the F&S engine guard. The upper tang on the left side mounts behind the upper footpeg mount; the lower behind the upper engine mount bolt. The upper (movable) tang on the right side mounts behind the lower engine mount bolt; you have to remove the exhaust header from the manifold to get to it. The lower tang on the right side mounts behind the front brake pedal/footpeg mounting bolt.

The stock bolts may not be long enuff; the guard came with longer bolts from Maw Kaw.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts