Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who is having good service by VN750 into the higher mileage realm. My 2002 has over 42k. Only fixes so far have been MCCT, seat recover, water pump seal, blue wire mod with toggle switch due to headlight relay failure, and 2 sets of tires. I change 10-40 Sams Club dino oil and bosh filter about every 2k miles and lube splines in the rear with tire change. I just took a 200 mile round trip to work through interstate and mountains. I'm equipped with Memphis Fats shield and lower deflectors, Kawa saddlebags, med size trunk, Vance and Hines exhaust.

Would like to hear reports from other high-milers and the secrets of their success.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd like to hear from high milers, too. I've only got 17k.

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
I'ma high miler...

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: DACataldo

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,196 Posts
Melissa Fayhe has a little over 50,000. She needs a stator, balancer bushings, has the blue wire mod done, two wire mod, and I had to swap frames with an 86, as I had rust issues on the lower left frame rail.

Sent from my A501DL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. The stator issue is pretty common to all makes of bikes. Even goldwing owners have to either remove the engine or rig an automotive alternator on the front drive belt (a common fix for them). Most common mistake made, I think, is cheaping out on the replacement stator and having to redo. You get what you pay for in electric components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts