Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
L and G,
It seems that when my bike is nice and warm...it will start to idle at 1700 or so....then when i stop and go it will come down to 1100. I am not sure what it is. the throttle doesnt seem to be sticking to me. Could the fact that i threw out the left air cleaner rubber seal have anything to do with it? or is it the smog stuff under the seat that i had moved slightly when replacing the battery? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,958 Posts
Hard to say, but generaly high idle problems are do to air leaks around the carbs. So a missing seal in your air intake system could likely be the cause.

Make sure the boots that hold the carbs are tight, and it would not hurt to spray a little lub at the throttle linkage, although I don't think this is an issue if you can still feel the spring pulling the throttle closed when you let go of the grip.

Some times re- adjusting your idle speed helps too, but I would check for air leaks first.

KM

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KM! I will purchase another air cleaner seal...since i think i tossed the one that was on there. then i will go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts