Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so yesterday i decided to go take a trip through the mountains.... first i need to take a camera with me then next time i do cuz it was awesome....

ok now to my point.... when i started her up yesterday i noticed sh was idleing a little slow so i bumped it up a little bit.... now i was on the road and i noticed that after the engine warmed upa bit the idle was at about 2k... the only reason i noticed this is because there was absolutely no backfires..... ive been messing with the fuel mixture screws and had no luck in getting the backfire to stop so next on the list was marbling.... so im riding through this mountain on winding roads and im all by myself with no backfire.... when i let go of the throttle it sounds awesome..... but i decide to pull over to the side of the road and readjust the idle cuz im sure that it cant be good for gas milege.... again i could be wrong but thats what i thought at the time..... well now im backto the regular old backfires and hopefully i can find some marbles around here somewhere so i can get this damn popping to go away..

·
Registered
950 Posts
I was under the understanding that the only time you adjust the idle screw is when it is warm not at start up.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the understanding that the only time you adjust the idle screw is when it is warm not at start up.
you would be correct but at the time the bike almost choked out... so i turned the idle screw a little bit and all was good.... till the bike warmed up completely...

i really need a fuel injected bike...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts