Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am suffering a head light problem :(. When I turn my key to 'on' I can switch between low and high beam. However after the engine is running the only light burning is the high beam. I am not able to switch to low beam. As far I can see, the bulb is okay.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance,

Hypo_H

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
There's an automatic bypass in the system, that if the low burns out, it switches to the high automatically (are you sure its not just going high to high ?). All i can figure, is that the sensor for that is getting a bad signal telling it the low is out. Check all of your related grounds and connectors first. After that, Im clueless, because not sure how the auto thing actually works.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i guess if auto switch looses connection to the low side of the bulb it will automatically switch on the high beam. It is possible that low beam really is out and you are just switching between high and high.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Hi All,

I am suffering a head light problem :(. When I turn my key to 'on' I can switch between low and high beam. However after the engine is running the only light burning is the high beam. I am not able to switch to low beam. As far I can see, the bulb is okay.

Is anyone familiar with this kind of problem?

Thanks in advance,

Hypo_H
do you have your headlight relay bypassed?
If it is stock, the headlight should only turn on AFTER the bike is running .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts