Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there - this is a great idea!
Two thoughts on this...
> Having the remote running while the hi beam is on... My remmote (Chamberlain) has an indicator light (led) that flashes continually when the button is pressed, it does not appear to be a momentary signal - I assume it is sending a signal all during the time the button is pressed. So in some cases you might be sending a signal out whenever the Hi-beam is on. Prob not much of an issue - just a thought.
> I already had done mine by sealing and installing the remote in the side compartment and adding an external button just on the edge of the side cover just under the seat side. It has a rubber boot so moisture is not an issue . This works well, though I do have to take my hand off the handlebar to press it - and it workd even if the bike is not running...
> The Chamberlain remotes works on a 3V lithium - so as much as I like this idea, I can't do it unless I add a voltage reducing resistor. Maybe I'll try that... Have any of you had to reduce volatge to less than 12V?
If I do. I'll post my results.

Great idea - thanks!

·
Forum Faciliator
369 Posts
This is a neat idea, now if I can only come up with something that moves my car out of the way so I can get my bike to the back of the garage.. :)

RB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts