Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Father and I took a little trip up to Lake Tahoe. Great ride but this is not a trip report.

I was having problems up around 9000 + feet. I was going up about 60 mph on a 5% grade in 5th gear and Lulu started to studder. I tried to give her more throttle but I was at the stops already. I down shifted to 4th but was already down to 45 mph this got me back to 50 mph but i noticed she tried to cut out once.

Are there any tips or tricks for High Alt riding from brothers in the higer reaches.

:beerchug:

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
At that high of an altitude, it's all in the jets. Less air up there means you were running on the rich side.
And 9000ft!! Highest I've been on the bike was just about 3500ft on my Skyline Drive ride.
The highest spot in PA is only 3213ft (Mt. Davis).

I would think there's gotta be someone here who rides higher elevations often enough to help. A previous member, Insured Disaster, was at pretty good heights, but he's long gone from here now.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was having problems up around 9000 + feet.
Are there any tips or tricks for High Alt riding from brothers in the higer reaches.

:beerchug:[/QUOTE]

Wow 9000 feet. I'm sitting here in Florida about 20 feet...........I guess you were running real rich.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Never had any problems like that and I live @ 6200 and ride to 10K.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:)
Never had any problems like that and I live @ 6200 and ride to 10K.

What octain are you runing at that height? I was using a mix of med and regular at the time (4 bucks a gallon for med)

·
Registered
1 Posts
having same problem going up long straight inclines like Eisenhower pass or loveland pass in colorado - 10,000 ft + . it kinda bogs down in power even when I down shift and throdle up

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Running mid grade gas. You are probably running rich at that altitude try pushing it a little harder before it starts bogging down.

·
Geek
872 Posts
Geez, my area is around 50 - 60 feet.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts