Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after searching for a long time i don't see anything here about any of you guys doing a true halogen to HID (high intensity discharge) headlight swap.

from what some of you guys talking about not having juice to add running lights and such im surprised no one has done this.

i think i read somewhere here that the stock headlight is 55W, well an HID pulls about 35W and is like 3-4 times brighter(3-4x more lumens) and lasts way longer. and im not talking about those cheap xenon or whatever, a real HID has the bulbs and a ballast that provides constant power to the lights.

When i get my vn750 out of the shop i will be putting HID's in it and in my EN500 since they come in sets of 2. btw we use an H4 or 9003 bulb.

you can get them on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HID-XENON-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H4-H7-H9-H10-9005-9007_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQihZ007QQitemZ170123963855QQrdZ1

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
Dianna has HID. Not sure who else.
We also just discussed this a week or so ago HERE.
I think alot of people just don't want to spend what the HID system costs on a headlight.

Be sure to let us know how they work out once ya get them installed.

·
2FAS4U
469 Posts
That looks like a pretty good deal, but how does E-bay let them get away with charging $45 shipping? I thought they were cracking down on excessive shipping charges :(

·
and the Adventure Cycle
6,141 Posts
seriously click search and type in "hid" not a single post comes up, not even this one.
You need more than 3 letters.
But even then, if you try HID headlight or HID light, the search feature will only look for 'headlight' or 'light'.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
You can cheat the search function using www.google.com

in the search area type:

hid site:vn750.com

You will find pages and pages with hid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts