Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
448 Posts
I thought about getting a pair of 25 watt driving lights and installing them to each side of my crash bar, and using the modulator on them. I will have to check with the local
po po to see if that would be legal to do it that way. That way I wouldn't have people thinkin I'm a police bike, and stop in front of me.
On the other hand, that could be good, cause they would get outta my way if'n I'm in a hurry. lol

·
ExNewbie..Still Learnin'!
256 Posts
You are aware that Ron / Lance is no longer with us, right? He passed away in February.

Just couldn't tell from your post.

Yes, he certainly knew what he was talking about though!
BDV - No...I was not aware...that is very sad news.... :( I had no idea....

I have not been on here since busting my knee last summer after an "almost perfect" emergency stop when a dumb cager pulled right out in front of me. Got the bike stopped but then tipped over (probably from surprise at stopping!!) and fell on left knee. One plate and six screws later it's almost back to normal now, with no ligament damage, thank God.

Wow...stunned....

·
256 Posts
not the greatest pics as its hard driving down the road and I dont think the pics show the true difference. of course these are halogen low and hid high.

you can see how you can see the side of the road waaaaay out in front of you!
Wib - Ur right, it's really tough to show the actual difference in the Pics, just doesn't come through. I have HID Low and HAL High and once bike is warmed up, just leave on HID Low, the HAL High looks SO anemic in comparison that it's basically useless, imho... HID Low gives off so much more light that it may just be an optical illusion when switching to HAL High but HAL High seems DIM!! Suppose it could be something with my setup but works great and HID Low is more than enough light for 95% of riding so not messing with it.

·
256 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
H.I.D. Kit ?

I am unsure what kit to really get after reading these posts im a little confused.

From what it looks like you are using the normal Stock bulb (Halogen) for High Beam and using the new High Intesity Bulb for low beam?

if that is true, why? would you not want to have the brighter bulb for high beam so you can see further into the distance to spot dangers like animals and such?..

·
Registered
445 Posts
Anyone have some good links for HID/Halogen kits? I've tried several and just can't seen to find the ones for the combo lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
im going to go with HID high and low being i also have extra driving lights for backup if I ever have the need to switch them on if the headlight goes out...just got to get the money to buy them..

also what is the difference in the 35w vs 55w HID i know it would be brighter but is it much better. Also can i just swap the bulbs when i want to try it or do i have the buy the ballest for the 55w?

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
FYI a lot of the links in this thread do not work any more. I was trying to see the HID benefit etc.... but the links dont work.

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
FYI a lot of the links in this thread do not work any more. I was trying to see the HID benefit etc.... but the links dont work.
Two year old links not working? That's a bitch. They should last forever! Perhaps they just don't work for you.....;)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Two year old links not working? That's a bitch. They should last forever! Perhaps they just don't work for you.....;)
Maybe it shouldn't be a sticky then and get tossed in the pit of lost threads? Since the data within it is useless ;)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,817 Posts
Maybe it shouldn't be a sticky then and get tossed in the pit of lost threads? Since the data within it is useless ;)
I don't know, seems like there is still some good information here. A lot of stuff can be searched for via Google or Bing.

And as Denny just did, new links and info can always be added. Not our fault if no one has done so for awhile...;)

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I don't know, seems like there is still some good information here. A lot of stuff can be searched for via Google or Bing.

And as Denny just did, new links and info can always be added. Not our fault if no one has done so for awhile...;)
actually the links being useless is what prompted me to search elsewhere I had searched this site and most of threads that contained links were not working.So I had to go off site to find what I wanted.There are so many HID kits out there now and the price has come down considerably.Finding one suitable for our bikes was a pretty long search,since there are so many available.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
here is a link to current ebay listing and has a lot of info on it ,Also a phone number to call them and tell them what you need.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFX-SLIM-AC-DIGITAL-HID-CONVERSION-XENON-HEADLIGHT-LIGHT-KIT-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-/160953231613?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make:Harley-Davidson&hash=item25798f68fd

BTW you are looking for an H4 bulb base with the halogen bulb and HID bulb combo.
so what happends to the low beam here? If the bulb is replaced?

Eh, forget HID I use an off road bulb 80/100W vs 55/60W
$9.95

kenny

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
so what happends to the low beam here? If the bulb is replaced?

Eh, forget HID I use an off road bulb 80/100W vs 55/60W
$9.95

kenny
It is a two bulb combo on the H4 socket,the Hid runs on Low beam and the Halogen H3 part of the combo bulb runs on Hi.You use low beam to run and the RLU detects a resistance in the high beam circuit and the little light on the dash doesn't glow like you have headlight bulb blown. and if you switch to high beam it puts out light too.

You asked where the links went to and I provided an active one.if you want to run the 100/80 ,fine, but the additional heat will eventually distort your reflector and lens.

Besides that,I am running a 60/55 W Silverstar and two 55W Halogen Driving Lights,and when running side by side on the slab,my riding buddy's CBR with HID's His bike puts out more light on Low Beam than all three bulbs burning on High on mine,55x2 =110+60 = 170W of Halogen Light.When he goes to High beam it is unreal,but then it is only 70W power consumption,I thought that was a concern on the 750.

I don't have the power shortage issues you all do on the 750,but I do appreciate seeing better.I also plan to put LED bulbs in my running lights,the latest ones are bright and white as well.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but when one 35W HID is brighter than 170W of Halogen,I think I have found something worth a few bucks more:smiley_th

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It is a two bulb combo on the H4 socket,the Hid runs on Low beam and the Halogen H3 part of the combo bulb runs on Hi.You use low beam to run and the RLU detects a resistance in the high beam circuit and the little light on the dash doesn't glow like you have headlight bulb blown. and if you switch to high beam it puts out light too.

You asked where the links went to and I provided an active one.if you want to run the 100/80 ,fine, but the additional heat will eventually distort your reflector and lens.

Besides that,I am running a 60/55 W Silverstar and two 55W Halogen Driving Lights,and when running side by side on the slab,my riding buddy's CBR with HID's His bike puts out more light on Low Beam than all three bulbs burning on High on mine,55x2 =110+60 = 170W of Halogen Light.When he goes to High beam it is unreal,but then it is only 70W power consumption,I thought that was a concern on the 750.

I don't have the power shortage issues you all do on the 750,but I do appreciate seeing better.I also plan to put LED bulbs in my running lights,the latest ones are bright and white as well.

I may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but when one 35W HID is brighter than 170W of Halogen,I think I have found something worth a few bucks more:smiley_th
good points, 6 years and 45K miles, no distortion yet... i have the 800cc bike.

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
good points, 6 years and 45K miles, no distortion yet... i have the 800cc bike.
Ahh!! You don't have power issues and is it the classic withe the bigger headlight bucket and Glass lens,doesn't matter really,it works for you :)

We are infested with Deer,Elk and various other critters around here and I want to see them first is why I want more light.:wow:

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I love my hid headlight. I've compared my stock housing against another member who changed to the interior portion with angles (what ever its called) & we didn't see much difference in the light pattern.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Ahh!! You don't have power issues and is it the classic withe the bigger headlight bucket and Glass lens,doesn't matter really,it works for you :)

We are infested with Deer,Elk and various other critters around here and I want to see them first is why I want more light.:wow:
We have animals over here too, deer, bear, but I am more worried about the cages to be honest - the more light the better, but blinding people is bad though

kenny

41 - 60 of 91 Posts