Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got a HID conversion(http://www.motorcyclehidxenonlights.com/Kawasaki-Vulcan-750-HID-Xenon-Lights/) got the 6000k like everyone recommends. Its got two bulbs what i assume is a halogen since it has a coil in it and then the HID bulb, those who have done the conversion that have halogen and HID which do you set as the low beam and as the high? Also i've read that you need a crystal cut headlight instead of the stock headlight anyone have any recommendations as to the one to get?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I used the stock head and no problems, it may be brighter with the crysal cut but its still way brighter than bone stock bulbs. pretty sure I could light up a football field with mine. as for high lows, I just plug it in and used it, its backwards my high is halogen and my low is hid but it didnt concern me enough to swap it. its bright but I have never been brighted by another vehicle with my hid on either

·
Giggity!
4,307 Posts
I started with the stock housing. Then I purchased a modern lense & apoxied it to the stock housing.

The original setup uses the glass to direct & control the light.
The modern style uses the housing to direct the light pattern.

With the original glass I found the light to go everywhere.
The modern style focused the light more onto the road, where I needed it.
To fully take advantage of a hid conversion. I also suggest changing the housing.

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
I would have to check it out. I know stock lit up the side of the roads really well which is where I needed it commuting at night in the country and route 32 it helped me spot the deer on the sides of the roads really well. out in the country its still a crap shoot and had to go slow because they dart out of the woods pretty quickly, the highways are awesome though. I'd still like a comparison with the other lens

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I started with the stock housing. Then I purchased a modern lense & apoxied it to the stock housing.

The original setup uses the glass to direct & control the light.
The modern style uses the housing to direct the light pattern.

With the original glass I found the light to go everywhere.
The modern style focused the light more onto the road, where I needed it.
To fully take advantage of a hid conversion. I also suggest changing the housing.
What size lens do i need to get? mine shooting me a link to the one you bought?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I couldnt send a link now. It's been too long. But I could do you one better.
want to buy mine? I've got a new bike & I'm slowly parting her out.
how much?

·
Concert connoisseur
2,231 Posts
Sorry, I couldnt send a link now. It's been too long. But I could do you one better.
want to buy mine? I've got a new bike & I'm slowly parting her out.
wow, cant believe you are parting that out after all you've done to it, what happened, what did I miss?

·
Premium Member
5,236 Posts
I am going to stir in it a little wib. He got tired of having an old bike with a lot of new stuff on it and chasing one problem after another and moved on to something different and more suited to his needs. As for the headlight being backwards withe hid unit wired up plug and play ,it is designed that way so the Reserve lighting unit will see resistance across the halogen bulb's filament because the hid bulb has no filament,just gas. Kinda like me :)

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I used the stock head and no problems, it may be brighter with the crysal cut but its still way brighter than bone stock bulbs. pretty sure I could light up a football field with mine. as for high lows, I just plug it in and used it, its backwards my high is halogen and my low is hid but it didnt concern me enough to swap it. its bright but I have never been brighted by another vehicle with my hid on either
The problem here is the focus of light. With HIDs the backside of the housing is what is directing the light, so you are very likely blinding oncoming traffic if you didn't get a HID compliant housing. I've seen this all to often back when HID conversions were all the rage, a few of them were bright enough to blind me during high noon! You'll be able to see great, but the opposing lane won't...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts