Kawasaki VN750 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered these lights a week ago and received them yesterday. Installed them last night and they look sharp. The pictures do not reflect the real lumen power somehow, but they are quite visible , even at a 45 degree angle. I feel like they do add presence on the road.

Attachments

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
Theyre just accent lights though, arent they ?...I mean, they dont illuminate the road, yes/no ?....
Would take some work to do, but one could add an LED white lightstrip to the inside of the headlight housing...like a ring towards the outside....thats like $7 US.....

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
If those are the bikevis bullets like I run while they don't light up the road they do make the bike much more visible. They are very strong for a small LED and yes, You can see them from 30 yards.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If some dolt doesn't notice the big. honking headlight that should always be on when the bike is running, chances are the brighter yellow lights ain't going to grab their attention.

As those who went on the recent NJ/PA/NY can attest, I like to wear a rather visible riding jacket that is about 80% day-glow chartreuse. Damn thing can be spotted from at least 1/2 mile away in day light. It is even brighter when hit with headlights at night. Yeah it's a little bit on the boy racer side. But I do notice that when I wear it, folks tend to notice me a lot easier than when I am wearing a carhart tan or black leather jacket. Just something to think about if you are concerned about being seen.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, they are bikevis lights, I saw the thread here, well they are seen at 30 yards, I do not ride the bike at night unless I have to. I agree they will not replace a bright jacket but I figured that anything that make me more visible is a positive. So far those little lights do so, from a fair distance... And it was simple and fun to install.
hope everyone is enjoying our last few weeks or riding, up here the leaves are changing colour fast but temperature is still warm.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
I like to wear a rather visible riding jacket that is about 80% day-glow chartreuse
Yeah....when we stopped in Milford, I was gonna get a can of flat black and spray ya down, lol.... ;)

Again I suggest the rotating yellow light on top of your helmet....
Jean's from Canada....Mounties would shoot his azz, lol.....

I should take a pic of my Harley light bar on...Jack saw me from 1/4 mile away today....on twisties....2x 40W halogen....plus a Silverstar bulb in the headlight.....I look like a tanning bed going down the road with the high beams on, lol....

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Hey, I'm all for safety and try to have plenty of lights for the 4-wheelers to see but I just can't bring myself to wear one of those florescent yellow or white jackets. Call me stupid if you wish, the ladies call me good lookin' on the bike and that's good enough for me! :motorcycl

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
Hey, I'm all for safety and try to have plenty of lights for the 4-wheelers to see but I just can't bring myself to wear one of those florescent yellow or white jackets. Call me stupid if you wish, the ladies call me good lookin' on the bike and that's good enough for me! :motorcycl
Yep....your ID now explained....:)

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
Nope, While my ID has a long and honorable history it also shows that I don't feel the need to try to impress people all of the time. Life is meant to be fun. And FoolAmI is from the Motley Fool investment site, something I've been playing with for many years,successfully I might add.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Here's what I tell the local boys when they ride my ass about the jacket. Yes I realize I look like a dork but I'd rather others see me as a dork, than not see me at all. The jacket is made for warm weather riding and with the morning temps dipping into the upper 40s of late, I've been wearing a carhart this week. Believe it or not, the difference is very noticeable when dealing with drivers that are paying attention to anything but the road.

At 51, I ain't worried about being good looking any more. :beerchug:

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
Yeah, I think if you are concerned how you look on your bike ...in that your goal is to look "cool"(rather than stand out some so the yahoos in cages can see you) your priorities are a bit skewed.

I always say I'd rather look like a Power Ranger than one of the Village People...;)

Once behind my full face helmet you wouldn't recognize me anyway...

Actually colorful jackets do help, but a bright/hi Vis helmet is more noticable.

·
Chasin' the blacktop
1,498 Posts
To each their own, actually at night I sometimes wish my jacket was a little more reflective.

What I'm curious about is why Knifemaker is so interested in my handle. This isn't the 1st thread he has made comments about my handle. Does he somehow feel challenged by my handle it or threatened by it???? very strange.

·
Super Moderator
11,865 Posts
What I'm curious about is why Knifemaker is so interested in my handle. This isn't the 1st thread he has made comments about my handle. Does he somehow feel challenged by my handle it or threatened by it???? very strange.
Not interested in it, challenged or threatened.....I just think its funny and interesting one thinks themselves a fool....or at least advertises it.

Not saying you really are a fool, was just joking here.

If someone's ID was "cannotride1" and posted they dropped their bike.....well you get the irony there....:)

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
joe in pa - love your jacket! as for lights on the bike.... how did they give you a brighter bulb for a blinker? I want to know what the website was and how they did it. thanks.

·
Banned
10,354 Posts
...they make Silverstar blinker bulbs, and stoplight bulbs...thats what I put in my brakelight for now, until Ant gets me the LEDs....

·
FREEBIRDS MC CENTRAL NY
16,093 Posts
If the ladies bother ya too much i wilk let you borrow what my club calls my birth control helmet. as in ain't no chicks f&*king ya wearing that thing. lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts